Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group?

Discus and support Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; At some point, I apparently became part of a family group (I think my sister used to use my username but she has her own now). Now, when I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by sova.hannah, Sep 23, 2022.

1. sova.hannah
    sova.hannah Guest

At some point, I apparently became part of a family group (I think my sister used to use my username but she has her own now). Now, when I go to purchase Minecraft Reams or even log into the game, I get the "You Need Permission" warning as well as a message about how to ensure my safety settings allow Multiplayer and Clubs. I am the only person on my Family group and am not able to see any options when I navigate to the Family app from my Microsoft account page. How do I get out of this?

:)

sova.hannah, Sep 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sova.hannah

Please try this to see if you can gain access to your privacy settings again:

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your PC
    Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18 and change it if necessary
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  3. Scotty0955 Win User

Hello, sova.hannah

I'm one of the Ambassadors on Xbox

This seems like a setting problem within the Xbox. Please open your settings and go to the System tab and from there go to Access Restrictions. Make sure the option Access to content is set to Unrestricted.

Hope this helps :)
  4. ChiTownHustlR18 Win User

Why is my account restricted

Sorry if I have confused you my problem is when I try to go online in a game under my own user name it says I am restricted so under the advise of an xbox support staff member I made another gamer name and the same thing happens under the gold live or
    the free account either one it doesn't matter they have been of no help and I am currently in contact with Microsoft at this very moment to help me
  5. ChiTownHustlR18 Win User

I applied for a one month free gold membership and I am still having this problem even under another account I have talked to 4 different customer service representatives and not one can explain why my account is blocked and was told to ask about this in
    the xbox live forums. So now I'm being told to talk back to customer support again? Why is it that no one can figure this out. They have reviewed my account and can explain anything and all I get told is to go to forums and ask why I'm being restricted so
    here I am ......once again I would just like to have this resolved some how if it is at all possible .
  6. Arminator Win User

[quote user="RowdyNetherton"]I am very upset that I pay you to have online game time experience and now I'm restricted for what reason ?[/quote]

You say you paid for an "online game time experience", but you show up on this forum with your Gamertag account as a free silver member. So either you mistakenly booked the paid gold membership for online multiplayer to another account, or something went
    wrong when you purchased Gold or redeemed a prepaid card.

However, here in this forum we are mainly gamers from the community (i.e. just people like you) and not official support staff. Since support needs to look at your account to see why the gold membership didn't work properly, you need to contact the official
    support. You can do that here:
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

On that page, choose the appropriate topic from the list, and at the bottom of the page, several tiles should appear. Depending on your country and the time you visit the page, there should be a tile that allows you to "request a callback". Use that tile
    and have an official support staff member call you back for free, so they can resolve your issue.
Thema:

1. Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group? - Similar Threads - Why account showing

2. Why does my account disconnect from Xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my account disconnect from Xbox live?: So for years whenever I have played a solo or co-op game it's only a matter of time before I lose connection to xbox live randomly & my game crashes; this has most recently been happening with...
  3. why did i get a 15 day ban with no details but saying it was for my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get a 15 day ban with no details but saying it was for my account?: i got a 4 day penalty on 9/7/2022 for a good reason but 2 days later i was struck with a 15 day penalty on my account for no reason. and the thing is they won't accept my appeal for it even though...
  4. My account is already registered. Why does my microsft account show as not registered?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is already registered. Why does my microsft account show as not registered?: My account is already registered. Why does my microsft account show as not registered? [img] I registered at Wednesday, May 29, 2019 [img] I also reset my password halfway through [img]...
  5. Why are my games I brought on my xbox account not showing up for me to play on my PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are my games I brought on my xbox account not showing up for me to play on my PC?: Around half a year ago, a sold my Xbox one as I was moving to PC. What I was unaware of is that I can still play games that I brought on xbox store with my PC (if they are compatible of course.)...
  6. Unknown Xbox One Showing Up in My Microsoft Account Why ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unknown Xbox One Showing Up in My Microsoft Account Why ?: [img] The Xbox One in the Upper Right Corner I Have no Idea where it's coming from I removed all My old xbox since getting Xbox Series X. Another Issue the Unknown Xbox One showing up making...
  7. Why does the Heartland DLC (State of Decay 2) shows on my account even though I haven't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Heartland DLC (State of Decay 2) shows on my account even though I haven't...: I own State of Decay 2 digital but I haven't purchased any DLC for it. For some reason, when I went to reinstall the game, the Heartland DLC shows as purchased in game and as Installed. I also...
  8. Why won't Minecraft world show on second PC under same Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Minecraft world show on second PC under same Microsoft Account?: I have built a world on my laptop with Minecraft Windows 10 Edition--logged in with XBox Live. When I log into Minecraft Windows 10 Edition on a second laptop--logged in with my same Microsoft...
  9. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....
  10. Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does a 360 account name show up on xbox one when you can't play half the games with them?: Hello! I was wondering Why a 360 account shows up on my xbox when im on the Xbox one. The account has the name i want (Puck) and it looks like the account hasn't played in years....