Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group?

Discus and support Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; At some point, I apparently became part of a family group (I think my sister used to use my username but she has her own now). Now, when I go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by sova.hannah, Sep 23, 2022.

1. sova.hannah
    sova.hannah Guest

At some point, I apparently became part of a family group (I think my sister used to use my username but she has her own now). Now, when I go to purchase Minecraft Reams or even log into the game, I get the "You Need Permission" warning as well as a message about how to ensure my safety settings allow Multiplayer and Clubs. I am the only person on my Family group and am not able to see any options when I navigate to the Family app from my Microsoft account page. How do I get out of this?

:)

sova.hannah, Sep 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Sova.hannah

Please try this to see if you can gain access to your privacy settings again:

Create a new account that can be considered as an adult account (try using another web browser or incognito mode).

Once done, add your main account as organizer via the link below. (you can see in the new account an "add member" button
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

Please double check that you select your main account as organizer too, not member.

Once successfully added, sign out from your account everywhere and restart your PC
    Then log in your account again and try downloading the game.

Just to double check, please check if birthdate is more than 18 and change it if necessary
    https://account.microsoft.com/profile
  3. Scotty0955 Win User

Hello, sova.hannah

I'm one of the Ambassadors on Xbox

This seems like a setting problem within the Xbox. Please open your settings and go to the System tab and from there go to Access Restrictions. Make sure the option Access to content is set to Unrestricted.

Hope this helps :)
  4. MW_448 Win User

only family organiser cant remove child account?

Hi, thank you for your response.

Thanks for clarifying that you can't remove a child account from a family group

As for the issue in-game, I get the error message 'You can't play with content created by others, change your account settings to play', I get it, whenever I try to play with public content, in every game, liveries in Forza, online in msfs, unable to access dovetail live in tsw3, and cities skylines along with many other games. I've tried everything in my power to try and remove those restrictions, and my age restrictions have been changed through Microsoft family there are practically no restrictions on my account at this point, fewer restrictions than on my friend's accounts and none of them have ever had this issue, the only difference would be that they aren't in a Microsoft family group.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Login Problems

Did you try to sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/family/ ?

Can you send me a screenshot of your account on the webpage above showing that you're not on a Family Group?

Because if you're not on a Family Group, you should be able to change your privacy settings and shouldn't receive the "why can’t I change my privacy settings?" message.
  6. Bluntman1138 Win User

Question on Gold Family Pack

The family pack is Family for families living in the same household. Since 1 account will be the main account and the others will be tied with that account. They all get their own screen name, and you can add existing tags to the family account.

BE FOREWARNED: If you and a group of friends are thinking of this, consider that there WILL be restrictions on the accounts such as buying MS points directly from the servers and other restrictions as well.
Thema:

1. Why is my account showing as restricted, but there's nobody in my family group? - Similar Threads - Why account showing

2. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  3. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  4. Minecraft Java edition is not showing up as owned on any of my accounts. Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Java edition is not showing up as owned on any of my accounts. Why?: Hello, I purchased Minecraft Java edition on my laptop about a year and a half ago now. I haven’t used the game or my laptop for about a year and now the game is not showing up as owned on any of...
  5. Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up: Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up anymore, there's money in it, or at least there should be, I can't seem to check it anywhere, I'm done with the Xbox "issues" microsoft is...
  6. Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up: Why is my microsoft account balance not showing up anymore, there's money in it, or at least there should be, I can't seem to check it anywhere, I'm done with the Xbox "issues" microsoft is...
  7. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...
  8. Why is my account showing up as suspended?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my account showing up as suspended?: I logged into the game pass app on my phone and when I logged in it said it was suspended but it doesn't show up on the Xbox app or when I log onto my console. Should I disregard the message or...
  9. Why am i being charged 9.99 a month from microsoft when my account doesnt show any...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am i being charged 9.99 a month from microsoft when my account doesnt show any...: For several months now i have been charged 9.99 a month from microsoft. Done on line chat and they couldnt find out why either my account doesnt show any subscriptions or payment methods what do i...
  10. I bought cod points via I bought them physically and they won’t show up on my account, why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought cod points via I bought them physically and they won’t show up on my account, why?: I bought cod points via I bought them physically and they won’t show up on my account, why? 8d6999ea-a7e5-4d0b-bd53-976ddaf18033