Why is my account name different ingame?

Discus and support Why is my account name different ingame? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; On Microsoft website my account name is but when I get in game (Sea of Theives) It returns to the deafult one I was given when I created this account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LongBongMatt, Jan 31, 2021.

1. LongBongMatt
    LongBongMatt Guest

On Microsoft website my account name is but when I get in game (Sea of Theives) It returns to the deafult one I was given when I created this account (FoldedCarrot) I was just wondering why its different, should it not be same

:)

LongBongMatt, Jan 31, 2021
  2. Gian-LucaMadonna Win User

Myname

I have Changed my Name on Epic ,ingame is also my old Name. I have Changed by Xbox and Epic ingame my old name
  3. Farscape247 Win User

history lost

did you sign in with a different epic account, as all skins and ingame progress is held on the epic account not the xbox live account.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Why, ON EARTH, does changing an XBox gamertag cost 9 dollars?

You forget that's only in android NOT the individual games

Your apps and gamesdon't care about your Google name it's only used for Google and games global leader which don't affect games leaderboards

Those just affect google and your gamesaves but that has nothing to do with your name it's linked to your account which other then your progress doesn't affect ingame or appmail

Your ingame name is what affects your game not your Google account other then saves and it's only your email linked to your Google account

So what about arenanet or nexon and the thousands of launchers that uses microtransactions for name changes and that is a thing

Fyi my Google playgames account is dazedoperations45 I can guarantee that if someone mailed me in a game they wouldn't get me as my name ingame in most games is

You only mentioned 3 other games but if you google mmorpgs for pc there is thousands not

And first name change is free others require microtransactions or quest item
  5. shrimsz Win User

Error on gamertag ? (Halo MCC)

Why did it say okay though on the first try ?

That is what I do not understand. It went though no problem.

Can you look into it ?

I had a random name on account creation, then I typed my own one, it did not update ingame, then I changed again and showed the number thingy. It had no numbers before !
  6. Andrew_395 Win User

Can I change my age on NBA 2K23?

I was talking about the ingame birthdate, not my xbox account birthday, my xbox account birthdate is ok the ingame one is wrong
Thema:

1. Why is my account name different ingame? - Similar Threads - Why account name

2. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  3. Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox let me add an account?: I recently had to factory reset my Xbox. After doing so I had to start from scratch and add an account to play on. Whenever I select the “add new” account option it sits on this grey loading...
  4. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  5. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  6. why cant i use microsoft account balance?

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i use microsoft account balance?: I have a microsoft account balance and when i try to pay the remaining on my debit card it authorises a payment of the full amount rather than using my microsoft account balance. how do i fix this...
  7. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  8. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....
  9. Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox design lab saying that I need to put my name on my account when I already have?: I want to order a controller off of the Xbox design lab, but when I hit proceed to check out it says I need to put my first and last name on my account. So I went in and put my name, but it is...
  10. Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my xbox account show my husband's name and profile picture but my email address...: I've restarted the Xbox, updated it and readded and unadded my account several times but, everytime I log in, it shows my husband's profile picture and name, but my email address and username. But...