Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months?

Discus and support Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] (please help, proof of purchase is in the picture!) 521a9de4-2fc8-4398-865d-45b7e6693cbc Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alex Oastler, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Alex Oastler
    Alex Oastler Guest

Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months? [​IMG]
    (please help, proof of purchase is in the picture!)

:)

Alex Oastler, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Alex!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

RodelioP.
  3. Rodelio P. Win User

Hi Alex!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Minecraft. It's possible that there may be an issue with your account or with the game itself. To resolve this issue, I recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Make sure that you're signed in to the correct Microsoft account that you used to purchase Minecraft.

2. Check your purchase history to confirm that the purchase was made and that it's associated with the correct account.

3. Try restarting your device and then launching Minecraft again.

4. If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft.

If none of these step's work, please contact live support for further assistance. To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

RodelioP.
  4. .Dani. Win User

Minecraft Asking Me to Purchase Again

Hi Samy I've also seen the suggestion of installing the game on the primary hard drive; I would follow this if my primary drive hadn't so little storage :(. I've also tried many times removing my account and logging back in with my Microsoft account from the launcher and it still only showed "play demo". I can only hope that Mojang fixes the problem soon. Thank you for your help anyhow, Samy! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue at least.
  5. SammyVS Win User

You're welcome, mate. Sorry for the inconvenience. Hope this is fixed quickly.
  6. SammyVS Win User

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

It is a known issue and Mojang is working to fix this bug in the new launcher. They also recommend installing the launcher on your primary hard drive.

I also recommend this step.

Open the launcher, go to settings>accounts>click the 3 dots, and remove all accounts connected to the launcher. You will return to the log-in screen, log in with the Microsoft account you used to migrate your account, and see if that resolves the issue.
Thema:

1. Why is Minecraft asking me to purchase again after Ive had it for months? - Similar Threads - Why Minecraft asking

2. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  3. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47
  4. Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft launcher refuses to install and I do not know why: Hello, I am currently dealing with an issue where Minecraft launcher refuses to work on my newly built pc. Windows 11 is activated and up to date and I have tried a variety of troubleshooting...
  5. Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I keep receiving invites for minecraft windows 10 edition from random people even...: how can I stop getting these invites 157363d0-6835-4b60-86e9-9800ba2f9c9b
  6. Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Minecraft not downloading behavior packs: I was trying to join my friends world and he has a couple behoavior pakcs but when I try to download them to join the world It just gets stuck at around 20Mb and doesnt move even after ive waited...
  7. Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi can someone help me why my microsoft account with my minecraft account when i renewed...: I will be thankful if someone help me 20bf3002-6f31-428d-94f5-1a5ca37323bc
  8. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  9. why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is minecraft asking me to change my username after updating the launcher?: I updated Minecraft Launcher (java edition) and I had the user lewcio23, now it says its taken, for some reason...?! c390849e-2e35-4611-beab-48f08244a72d
  10. Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?: I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft this year. I bought minecraft through a prepaid card. But when I go into the launcher now after not playing for a long time it is saying that I have to...