Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous?

Discus and support Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I was playing 2k22 (incredibly toxic, childish community). My 4 teammates quit out early, I played until the 4th quarter when the other team started... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by The Hesh Factor, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous?

I was playing 2k22 (incredibly toxic, childish community). My 4 teammates quit out early, I played until the 4th quarter when the other team started blasting me with party invites and messages. They also started double/tripling teaming me and quickly turned into super trolls.

Ok, not a big deal, but I'm not dealing with it. So I quit. I accepted a party invite to see what the big deal is. I get called every single name in the book, racial slurs galore. So I leave the party.

One of them continues to message me, repeatedly. So I respond. He responds and insults me again. So I explain my action of quitting. My message was deleted, but told him they were playing like (Mod Removed) and to have a good day.

Now I'm banned for 72 hours because Microsoft doesn't actually look into these at all. It's an automated system, I got flagged and bam. Banned. However, the actual aggressor/bully/troll/harasser is totally fine.

I put in for an appeal but by the time they decide anything, my ban will most likely be up anyways.

So by doing this, you're promoting a bully culture. You're promoting children baiting people and spamming the report button. You're ignoring all context and that to me is unacceptable.

How do we change this?

Also, why do I have to plan my entire day around contacting MS. Do they have 3 customer services reps? There's no way it should take hours of waiting for a phone call, to then be put on hold for an hour. In my situation, I was hung up on when asking to escalate the call (very nicely) to someone who could help. So hours of my day just wasted.

Attached is a pic of the Convo. I'm sure it will get taken down or this thread will be deleted but whatever. It was worth a shot.

Do better Microsoft.

(Mod Removed)

:)

The Hesh Factor, Feb 11, 2022
  2. KindGryphon Win User

I was playing 2k22 (incredibly toxic, childish community). My 4 teammates quit out early, I played until the 4th quarter when the other team started blasting me with party invites and messages. They also started double/tripling teaming me and quickly turned into super trolls.

Ok, not a big deal, but I'm not dealing with it. So I quit. I accepted a party invite to see what the big deal is. I get called every single name in the book, racial slurs galore. So I leave the party.

One of them continues to message me, repeatedly. So I respond. He responds and insults me again. So I explain my action of quitting. My message was deleted, but told him they were playing like (Mod Removed) and to have a good day.

Now I'm banned for 72 hours because Microsoft doesn't actually look into these at all. It's an automated system, I got flagged and bam. Banned. However, the actual aggressor/bully/troll/harasser is totally fine.

I put in for an appeal but by the time they decide anything, my ban will most likely be up anyways.

So by doing this, you're promoting a bully culture. You're promoting children baiting people and spamming the report button. You're ignoring all context and that to me is unacceptable.

How do we change this?

Also, why do I have to plan my entire day around contacting MS. Do they have 3 customer services reps? There's no way it should take hours of waiting for a phone call, to then be put on hold for an hour. In my situation, I was hung up on when asking to escalate the call (very nicely) to someone who could help. So hours of my day just wasted.

Attached is a pic of the Convo. I'm sure it will get taken down or this thread will be deleted but whatever. It was worth a shot.

Do better Microsoft.

(Mod Removed)
    If you reported them then theyll have the appropriate action taken against them. That being said it doesnt matter how a situation starts. If you respond with something that breaks the code of conduct then you can also be suspended.

That's why its best to just block them, report them and not respond at all. They are just baiting you into saying something against the rules so that they can report you and you took the bait. If you just reported them and not responded to them then they would be the only one suspended and not you.
  3. AfterDarkClark Win User

Code Of Conduct

This is absolutely ridiculous no idea why I've been kicked and no information on the matter from Microsoft!
  4. ShadowRiver797 Win User

Xbox One Hard Drive.

What, seriously?! They'll ban your console for replacing the hard drive? I mean I knew it voided warranty but that is absolutely ridiculous!

Well, glad I only have a 360, more reasons I'm glad I am not too invested in MS's system (This is why I am not an xbox fan, it's not xbox itself that I have an issue with, it's MS and their ridiculous crap).
  5. DanielGabriel2 Win User

Billing info problem @staff

Why would the system charge a banned account, that makes absolutely no sense at all, if you was banned you wouldn't even be on the Xbox LIVE e-mail mailing list, so no idea why you would be charged..
  6. Rudolphin 14 Win User

80150100 Error

This is absolutely ridiculous why is this happening to us
Thema:

1. Why is Microsoft's ban system so absolutely ridiculous? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft's ban

2. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  3. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  4. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  5. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  6. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  7. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  8. Why when I try to quick chat in rocket league I can’t because of Microsoft chat ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I try to quick chat in rocket league I can’t because of Microsoft chat ban: Why the hell am I banned from quick chatting in a game I can’t even quick chat to any of my team8’s how are they able to control that much when I try to quick chat “nice shot” i get that stupid...
  9. Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that Microsoft will not ban someone harassing me but bans my friend for messaging...: I have someone on Xbox that is constantly messaging me outta the blue calling me names an bullying me an harassing me and Microsoft isn't doing anything. I have reported him multiple times already...
  10. I’ve basically been banned from using Microsoft rewards and I don’t know why.

in XBoX on Windows
    I’ve basically been banned from using Microsoft rewards and I don’t know why.: I’ve been back and forth in emails trying to get somewhere with this issue. I wasn’t able to redeem points so I emailed and after many follow up emails I got this answer. I don’t even understand...