Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I...

Discus and support Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; People say [Mod Removed] and all that stuff to me and they don’t get repercussions when I report them, whereas I’ll do the same and then I get comms... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan McCann1, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Ryan McCann1
    Ryan McCann1 Guest

Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I...

People say [Mod Removed] and all that stuff to me and they don’t get repercussions when I report them, whereas I’ll do the same and then I get comms banned. Probably just gonna switch back to Playstation since Microsoft isn’t a fair company.

:)

Ryan McCann1, Mar 20, 2023
  2. bowski477 Win User

Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I swear, I get communications banned?? This clearly isn’t fair

The enforcement team will not always notify you if action was taken on any report you might make. But the terms of use are the same for everyone. If you are using voice chat or sending inappropriate messages enforcement could take action. Playstation has the same rules.
  3. Zalgo Nezperidian Win User

Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I swear, I get communications banned?? This clearly isn’t fair

The enforcement team will not always notify you if action was taken on any report you might make. But the terms of use are the same for everyone. If you are using voice chat or sending inappropriate messages enforcement could take action. Playstation has the same rules.
    Im afraid I agree with the Op, this very same thing has happened to me. Why is it that some people get special treatment and others get banned?
  4. 74c8c245-c353-4aa1-9 Win User

I can clearly see whether they have taken action or not as there is a standard procedure in reporting text messages, if they acted on it then the message is deleted, as always.
  5. Deandre Quan Win User

Like the rest of the users in this forum, I agree that Xbox's enforcement weirdly protects certain users. I have had people spell slurs across messages that often goest undetected just to report all of them to no avail. The best is people switching letters around and getting away with cursing and slurs. Are you guys so lazy that you won't even update filters to catch these alternate spellings? To your point about PS, it's flagrantly incorrect. Most of my friends play PS and they have never had such thought policing like Microsoft does. If I am a grown man messaging another grown man, neither of us should be chat restricted for cursing. That's a violation of free speech. If Microsoft wants to define itself as the platform that controls speech more than Twitter, be my guest. People will just buy PS or switch to PC and message through discord or steam to actually voice their distaste with the other player. The state of your social network needs help. Games used to have trash talk, now nobody says anything to each other anymore because you can get banned for saying words allowed on day time television. Actually such a sad sack of an excuse.
  6. Call of Duty®  Win User

MICROSOFT PLEASE UNBAN MY ACCOUNT

EVER SINCE I GOT ON XBOX I'VE RAN INTO HACKER'S PEOPLE SWEARING AT ME AND I REPORTED IT NOTHING HAPPENS BUT WHEN SOMEONE REPORTS ME THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT I DID DO IT 💀 IF THEY WON'T UNBAN MY ACCOUNT I MIGHT COMMIT SUICIDE
Thema:

1. Why is it whenever I report someone for swearing at me, nothing happens to them. Yet when I... - Similar Threads - Why whenever report

2. Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my monitor going into standby mode whenever I switch HDMI to my xbox and how do I...: I been having a problem with my monitor for a few days now. I’ve had this monitor for almost a year and all of a sudden something called standby mode is showing up for the first time and I don’t...
  3. Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it whenever I move my joystick forward in a game my character continues moving even...: What happens is whenever I move my controller joystick forward to sprint in ac vallhalla and I let go of the stick it continues moving this is the same problem on the games UI and when moving...
  4. Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I...: Why is it that whenever I try to log in to my account, it says that it could not and then I hit retry and that does not work. It keeps telling me the same thing over and over again....
  5. Why whenever when i turn on my xbox one, the screen seems glitchy or broken?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why whenever when i turn on my xbox one, the screen seems glitchy or broken?: Whenever i turn on my xbox one, it seems broken or glitchy, its cut out one side so not the full screen and colors are severly changing, i already tried resetting my xbox but nothing worked, only...
  6. why is it whenever i go on my xbox i have log with microsoft link I kinda hate it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is it whenever i go on my xbox i have log with microsoft link I kinda hate it: why is it whenever i go on my xbox i have log with microsoft link 2218d120-c3ea-493f-83b1-a54dec8b7259
  7. Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says...: Any explanation as to why i can’t join parties? Whenever i join a party it just says connecting then party encountered an error. This has gone on for the last 2 days, Thank you...
  8. Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does an error pop up whenever I try to allow cross network play: yesterday I changed my cross network play to block so I could play on Xbox servers but when I woke up today and tried to change it back to allow a message popped up saying there’s temporary...
  9. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  10. Why does my clip give me a"something went wrong:(" message whenever I try to post it to my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my clip give me a"something went wrong:(" message whenever I try to post it to my...: When I attempt to upload a clip, it fails to upload, a message saying "something went wrong:(" appears 1d4d5e11-7dfa-4b80-aef0-e7b997eca009