why is it that still cost more to download a game

Discus and support why is it that still cost more to download a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; getting rather pissed of with xbox online now as games still cost more than they do in store which I feel is ripping us off as one they don thave... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jonscene, Jan 25, 2018.

1. jonscene
    jonscene Guest

getting rather pissed of with xbox online now as games still cost more than they do in store which I feel is ripping us off as one they don thave production charges on the game or shipping costs on the game so whis ww2 55quid on store but 43 pound in game!

:)

jonscene, Jan 25, 2018
  2. Digital Download cost more than retail hard copy!!!! REALLY!!!

Hi can you please tell me how the cost of a digitally downloaded game from the Xbox store can be justified at being £10 to £15 more than a hard disc copy bought from a retailer be it online or street store.

Surely the cost to the game producer and seller would be less for a digital download compared to the manufacturing and shipping of a hard copy.

So why is it that the download copy cost so much more to the customer.

This just looks like profiteering to me on behalf of Microsoft.

Customrider004, Jan 25, 2018
  3. Mrmbh
    Mrmbh Guest
    Xbox 360 Games ! Downloads overpriced !

Advance : Sorry for my bad English ;-)

Why the 360 Download games are still so expensive?

Some 360 games cost as a download still 50 Euro.

This is no longer up to date and I´m talking about Downloads not DVDs with Instructions

Provides the old Games finally cheaper please !!!

Mrmbh, Jan 25, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

The prices are largely set by the publishers who try to keep prices at MSRP for as long as possible. Retail stores only have to cover their costs which is usually a lot lower than the price of the game itself so they have a lot more
    room to adjust prices at their discretion.

Smwutches, Jan 25, 2018
  5. Smwutches Win User

The prices are largely set by the publishers who try to keep prices at MSRP for as long as possible. Retail stores only have to cover their costs which is usually a lot lower than the price of the game itself so they have a lot more
    room to adjust prices at their discretion.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Xcloud only tier.

You have a console in cloud. You're renting one in the data center

Serving a console with a 50GB game download costs pennies. It costs exponentially more for you to use the cloud

The cost of supporting that hardware is included in the cost of GPU, which is one of the reasons why it's limited to that tier
  7. Arminator Win User

OPTICAL DISK'S CAPACITY

Because optical discs are dirt cheap to make. If you compare the cost of a fraction of a cent to press a game on an optical disc compared to several dollars for an USB flashdrive of 8GB capacity (or more), then you will see why they still use optical media.
    If you don't like that, there is always the Game on Demand download service, where you can buy the USB drive yourself and download the game on USB if you want.
  8. ACPcola Win User

About Mass Effect 2

Why would you want that? A digital download on Marketplace would cost 10 times more than a physical copy from a retailer.
  9. {Parity} Win User

Xbox games should be free

There are still costs involved in producing the old games for sale. Why would you incur those cost and not expect to get paid repaid?
Thema:

1. why is it that still cost more to download a game - Similar Threads - why still cost

2. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  3. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  4. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  5. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  6. Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox logo still on when I turned my xbox off it's still running but I turned it...: I don't understand why my logo was on even tho I turned it off 461f5bfd-9384-443d-94d1-2535360ca4d1
  7. I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I want to ask, why if i dont use my xbox and is still on it get darker and show me...: When I don't pulse any button in my for 2 or 3 minutes then it gets darker the screen and shows me notifications and I want to know if u can cancel that e6528e8d-81ac-4f8e-9aff-bc48813a5bee
  8. Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am I still banned/suspended on xbox for a whole year after my appeal was approved?: So I received a suspension for changing my gamerpic to a photo of kevin james photoshopped with a black box covering him, the suspension lasts a entire year. I went to the enforcement page to...
  9. Why does it still want me to ask for permission?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it still want me to ask for permission?: Hello, I turned 18 over the summer, and was in a family group. I attempted to buy Minecraft but it wants me to ask for permission. I then searched for some way for the system to realize I was not...
  10. why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox only showing quick tips and after ive tried everything i could it still wont...: Ive tried restarting many time leaving it unpluged resetting my router tried to change Wi-Fi but won't load litterally nothing will c8345b9e-c211-4db2-bf87-e858508908bb