Why is it taking forever to connect to an external server?

Discus and support Why is it taking forever to connect to an external server? in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I was just playing on an external server called “HIVE” yesterday and everything was fine! But, when I tried joining in the server again it is taking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Lonely8081, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Lonely8081
    Lonely8081 Guest

I was just playing on an external server called “HIVE” yesterday and everything was fine!

But, when I tried joining in the server again it is taking forever to connect me to the external server.

What should I do?

:)

Lonely8081, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

you might want to check with who owns the server.
  3. XBF Mohammed C Win User

This might have to do with your network!

You might want to check your connection speed, and retry again.
  4. DF KB 513 Win User

Taking forever to connect

Now that ive been tinkering with it i think it could be my connection but i have full bars and as i said turbo? so WHY is it doing this? as i said ive been able to play and go on live up until yesterday night and everything else in my house connects and
    runs just fine.
  5. Photonimus Win User

Possible fix process: (unless you are operating off a 4 GB model)

Remove hard drive, boot up without it, deny any update, finish load up offline.

Turn off console properly, restore hard drive, boot up as normal.
  6. BinaryXtreme Win User

Hi DF. Sorry to see you're having problems. Let's try clearing your cache memory first. Don't worry, this will not erase your Gamertag files or anything important.

1. Press the silver guide button on your controller

2. Select "Storage" then press "y".

3. Select clear "system cache" confirm the prompt.

I hope this helps. It seems to for a lot of gamers. Message back if you need us.
Thema:

1. Why is it taking forever to connect to an external server? - Similar Threads - Why taking forever

2. Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an...: Why is it taking so long to install my game on my new Xbox x series when my game is an actual DVD please help i really want to plyto play y, e5f5ca56-d564-47d1-aa93-b40ef50b43d7
  3. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  4. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  5. Why does it take so long to get a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it take so long to get a refund: i requested a refund at the beginning of january and still not got the money back. The refund status is request approved and my friend was even able to get theirs back a couple days after...
  6. Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?: I just got a new pc about 2 months ago. I have had this keyboard since my old pc and it is a Ducky One 2 Mini. Basically what has been happening is if im playing a game and let’s say im holding...
  7. Why does my system take forever to load/turn on then doesnt let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my system take forever to load/turn on then doesnt let me do anything: My system turns on but takes forever to load from the start up screen. Or doesnt load up at all. Then takes forever to load anything else and doesnt let me do anything or kicks me off things and...
  8. Why does Minecraft take forever to start.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft take forever to start.: I recently had to redownload one drive and now Minecraft is taking forever to install. I click it 10 times and then wait like 30 seconds and it finally opens. 72973b74-b639-435a-99f3-a5bc5c9e8783
  9. Why do my games take forever to load and then crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do my games take forever to load and then crash: My Xbox one keeps crashing and taking forever to load into a game why? f83d6886-353e-4c05-96c8-12a6a02cb967
  10. Why does it take forever to customize the gamerpic on account.xbox.com?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it take forever to customize the gamerpic on account.xbox.com?: On account.xbox.com, whenever I attempt to change my profile picture, I get this loading screen that is on a loop forever. What do I do? 392f7fd5-5158-4a88-9cb6-0659bf62cc5d