Why is it saying in offline in Flight Sim when I am not?

Discus and support Why is it saying in offline in Flight Sim when I am not? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When selecting my departure location in Microsoft Flight simulator on my Xbox One through cloud gaming on game pass ultimate, and selecting the “Fly”... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Liam Underhill - 127772, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Why is it saying in offline in Flight Sim when I am not?

When selecting my departure location in Microsoft Flight simulator on my Xbox One through cloud gaming on game pass ultimate, and selecting the “Fly” option, a tab comes up that reads “You are currently offline and do not have the optional Offline Mode files installed, so cannot start a new flight. Microsoft Flight Simulator will automatically attempt to reconnect to the internet. Please check your connection, or alternatively you can download the Offline Mode files.”. However, I am online and connected to WiFi. I have tried restarting the console and the game and reconnecting to the internet.

:)

Liam Underhill - 127772, Nov 24, 2022
  2. BartQX Win User

Flight Simulator is downloading optimal premium components while giving this error - so the network connection can't be the problem.

All downloads are completed, all components are rebooted, it shows me logged in and the game still doesn't start.

And hey - this is the first game I've purchased for the latest Xbox and I'm trying to play, because I usually use my ps5 and never experienced such issues. Maybe I'm too inexperienced for Windows.

Edit: solved it:

In the online settings is an option to limit bandwidth.

As soon as I've changed it to limiting it to 5 mbit/s it didn't run out of bandwidth anymore and started.

This is exactly what I've expected from a Microsoft device :-D
  3. SmokyRegent19 Win User

I have the same message popping up and I just download this game and it took 5 hours to do it so I don’t want to redownload it but anyways when I go to download the optional files it takes me to a error screen and I’m surprised this is happening after all this Time and I’ve been waiting to play this all year
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  5. Scott Mercil Win User

How? In the game itself or the system? 1st time gamer and I’m ready to return everything! Lol
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Microsoft flight simulator relies on an online connection to download detailed map data where you’re flying, you can turn off the online connections in the options and he won’t get the off-line message that your maps will not be as detailed
Thema:

1. Why is it saying in offline in Flight Sim when I am not? - Similar Threads - Why saying offline

2. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  3. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...
  4. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  5. Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I band? It says the details aren't available at this time. What did I say or do????: Why am I in trouble what did I do?? What rule did I brake??? I have people calling me a [mod removed] and nothing happens to them????? Why ef643ba3-0a1f-4b28-aade-4f624fbd8aa1
  6. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  7. Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why dose my Xbox keep saying passwords wrong when it’s not and everything else is working...: Things I have tried ~ : turning it off and on : restarting it : restarting my router : changed the dns settings : leaving it off for a while : Unplugging it and plugging it back in ~I’m...
  8. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  9. Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my profile saying offline when the status is saying appearing online?: My profile is saying I'm offline,but when I go to the account status, it's saying appearing online,and when I change it to offline,it says online status unknown,i turned off the Xbox,I restarted...
  10. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help: How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904