Why is it not allowed

Discus and support Why is it not allowed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I would like to change my Xbox classic gamertag back to one that I had used before I’m wanting to change it back to stanky blankly I used this gamertag... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GBU Epsilon, Jan 30, 2023.

1. GBU Epsilon
    GBU Epsilon Guest

Why is it not allowed

I would like to change my Xbox classic gamertag back to one that I had used before I’m wanting to change it back to stanky blankly I used this gamertag on the Xbox 360 and on the Xbox one but when I go to change it it says that this gamertag is taken or not allowed and I’ve looked and it isn’t taken as a gamertag

:)

GBU Epsilon, Jan 30, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Why is it not allowed

I understand. Sadly, I won't be able to check as to why it's not allowing you to use it as I don't have access to your account and I'm just a regular gamer like you. I hope you understand.
  3. John P_14 Win User

Why is it not allowed

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

The gamertag you're trying to change back to, "Stanky Blankly", may be associated with a Microsoft account that has been inactive for a while. Microsoft periodically releases inactive gamertags, so you can try checking back later to see if it becomes available. It's also possible that the gamertag was previously used by another player and was deemed inappropriate or violative of Xbox's terms of use, which would make it unavailable for reuse.

In the meantime, you can try adding numbers or symbols to the end of the gamertag to make it unique, and see if it's allowed. If you're still unable to change your gamertag to "Stanky Blankly", you can reach out to Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to assist you in resolving the issue and getting your desired gamertag.
  4. GBU Epsilon Win User

Why is it not allowed

It was my first gamertag that I had on Xbox a couple of years ago I changed it I never stopped using the account so it wouldn’t be associated with an old account
  5. Coreysito Win User

Why is QUEER not allowed.

Hi DreadAtom15. Do you happen to know if your opponent was playing the game from a different country? As mentioned above, it was deemed a geopolitical issue, so in your opponent's country, it may not carry a derogatory tone. As for your other question,
    there are always going to be words that can be used in a derogatory fashion, some are going to be deemed harsher than others, only because of the frequency with which they get used or for the harshness of how they are used. It is possible that if we see any
    terms being used in a hateful way, they too may be censored.
  6. MS Win8 Games Win User

Why is QUEER not allowed.

Thank you DogBoyDerekD! Paul, as the last post mentions, this word has been censored due the possibility of it being used in a hateful way. Our Production team has deemed it a geopolitical issue as well. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
    I hope this answers your question.
Thema:

Why is it not allowed

1. Why is it not allowed - Similar Threads - Why allowed

2. Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is nascar heat 5 not allowing online playing: Why is nascar heat 5 not loading online 09b8d753-4c0e-4062-819a-24693cf0e9df
  3. Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg?: Why do you allow people to get banned so easily for posting on lfg? I've got a cheater banned and this person has come back and reported me twice, resulting in two enforcement. I used the lfg for...
  4. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  5. Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't You Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  6. why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why am I not allowed to start games on my series s through my USB hard drive, they charge...: I got a hard drive in just to test if it would let me install more stuff and it showed 1tb on the storage space thing, I thought it was all set up but apparently I can't play the games by the USB...
  7. Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t it let me text in chat? It says the my Microsoft account does not allow that or...: So I got suspended recently and I finally am able to get back on and I realize I can’t type in chat because it says my Microsoft account doesn’t allow that. I have tried everything please help me....
  8. Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...: Myself and kids are often sent racist messages online. Nothing ever gets sorted. Wondering whether going to the media may help bring this to peoples attention. Microsoft don't seem keen to help....
  9. why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?

in XBoX on Windows
    why am i not allowed to just play xbox enhanced games off a external hard drive?: if its because "they are enhanced" why not give me a pop up that says "this game will run better if its installed to the internal drive or the expansion card are you sure you wish to play without...
  10. Why won't my Xbox One X allow me to download anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox One X allow me to download anything?: Xbox One X will not download a game from store, games pass or from disk. Console is connected to internet by hardwire and as far as I know updates are up to date. Have attempted Hard reset to...