Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

Discus and support Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wolf Spirit2, Jun 17, 2023.

  1. Wolf Spirit2
    Wolf Spirit2 Guest

    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X


    I recently got an XBox Series X. Every time I go through the Calibrate for HDR for games process, it will turn HDR on while the calibration is going on, then as soon as it is done, it turns right back off. I've seen people talk about solutions involving turning Night Mode off, or turning ALLM off, or turning YCC on. None of these have worked so far.

    I am certain it is not a problem with my TV as my PS5 does not have this problem at all.

    :)
     
    Wolf Spirit2, Jun 17, 2023
    #1
  2. Wolf Spirit2 Win User

    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

    Ahh, well....now I feel silly...thanks for the response...I'm ahh...just gonna walk away now....

    LOL :p
  3. willemavjc Win User

    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

    Ahh, well....now I feel silly...thanks for the response...I'm ahh...just gonna walk away now....

    LOL :p
    Oh, don’t do that! You’ll only find dead gamers corpses out there: The ones who lost hope, some are there since three years now…

    Rumors say Xbox HDR Dashboard may come in 2077.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

    Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

    Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

    I understand you need help with your HDR problem.

    You can check this link for troubleshooting guide:

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

    Try to check first if the Xbox detects the TV's capability to have HDR. Hope that helps.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

    Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

    Unlike the PS5, the Xbox dashboard is displayed in SDR, which is why HDR turns off when you close down the HDR calibration tool.
  6. MANU85mdr Win User

    Xbox Series X 4K HDR blu-ray to SDR bug

    Thank you for your answer, but I think you did not understand my question. To sum up: 4k doesn't matter.

    The problem is that hdr blu-rays work fine on ps5 (good colors).

    So the HDR to SDR conversion is correct. But on xbox series x, in comparison with ps5, the picture is too dark.

    So the HDR to SDR conversion on the xbox series x is bugged. I don't think it's a washout color issue.
Thema:

Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X

Loading...
  1. Why is HDR not working on my new XBox Series X - Similar Threads - Why HDR working

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  7. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  8. Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can I not watch an hdr YouTube video at 4k on my Xbox 1 S?: I recently got a 4k tv and have been using it with my xbox 1 S and I was wanted to watch some hdr video on it. I noticed that on youtube, I can't select an hdr video resolution of more than 1440p....
  9. Why xbox not support 1440p+HDR

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why xbox not support 1440p+HDR: Hello, playstation 5 support 1440p+HDR....... xbox not - WHY ? 37fb986e-7df8-40a1-9f41-8e494fe8199b
  10. Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in.

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the new UI not HDR, it’s quite annoying almost 3 years in.: At this point i’m wondering if there is a technical issue for the UI not being in HDR, it’s so annoying when the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds while it changes back to SDR, Do you guys...