Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11?

Discus and support Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried launching Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app, and when it opened it said it needed to update, and then froze. I closed it and tried re-launching... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MattHitti, Nov 24, 2022.

1. MattHitti
    MattHitti Guest

I tried launching Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app, and when it opened it said it needed to update, and then froze. I closed it and tried re-launching it, and nothing happened, I tried restarting my pc and it still didn't work. Can someone help? I'm using Windows 11 and Game Pass Ultimate.

:)

MattHitti, Nov 24, 2022
  2. WayuRagwongsiri Win User

I have Error: 0x8007042b when launch Flight Simulation and Forza Horizon 5 via PC game pass.

I have this error when I try to launch Forza Horizon 5 and Flight Simulator. Launch Xbox app is fine.

This issue start at first time launch. I never play Forza and flight sim in my life.
  3. Matt Chernisky Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Failed to launch and now can't install

Created a new local admin account, launched the Xbox app, tried to download Forza Horizon 5, and still got the same error pictured in the screenshot.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MattHitti, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  5. DAMIANMYRDA Win User

Forza Horizon 5 Opening Gaming Services in the Microsoft Store

No. When you go to the Forza Horizon 5 page. It says "Install from Xbox App"
  6. XER0_Gamez Win User

Forza Horizon 5 is not able to download to an external drive.

All of my Microsoft and Xbox games are downloaded on my external drive including the previous Horizon, which is Forza Horizon 4. I changed where new apps are stored when downloaded from the Microsoft store to my external drive but it still wont download Forza Horizon 5 to my external drive. On the Xbox app it wont show my external drive as an option to download to. I am able to download any game from the Microsoft store and Xbox app to my external drive except Forza Horizon 5.
Thema:

1. Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why Forza Horizon

2. Why when I play Forza horizon 5 with my wheel on Xbox the audio starts to stutter?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I play Forza horizon 5 with my wheel on Xbox the audio starts to stutter?: Starting with the new 10 anniversary Forza update every time I try to play on Xbox with my wheel the audio starts to stutter and the reaction time from my wheel to the game is slow....
  3. Forza Horizon 4 and the Momo Racing Wheel. Why Microsoft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 and the Momo Racing Wheel. Why Microsoft?: So the game is noting that my wheel is compatible. I see the racing wheel name. I am programming in the actions that I want my racing wheel to take when buttons are pressed. I can't continue...
  4. Why cant I buy Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition in India

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I buy Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition in India: I tried to Pre order it before and thought it was because it was a pre order so I waited until launch and the same problem. If there is a solution ill be very happy!...
  5. umm why is forza horizon 5 showing up as 210 gigabytes when it is only using 105?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    umm why is forza horizon 5 showing up as 210 gigabytes when it is only using 105?: so it has uninstalled itself before and i fixed that, now i have this. [img] 6cdfa8da-33e3-4e31-949f-414da22eddda
  6. Why isn’t my forza horizon 2 Xbox one disc working on my series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Why isn’t my forza horizon 2 Xbox one disc working on my series x?: Nothing appears when I put the disc in or anything. Help me now. Thank you submitted by /u/luke1878 [link] [comments]
  7. Why cant Forza Horizon 5 locate my profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant Forza Horizon 5 locate my profile: I have reset and repaired the app in settings. Running windows 11 and updated drivers and servers. f5b5ccaa-5e7a-4239-a884-291ff3fb8f8d
  8. Why cant i download Forza Horizon 5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i download Forza Horizon 5?: [img] the download is constantly showing this error message and whenever i try to stop the download it just reappears i cant install it from the Xbox app either it has the same error...
  9. Why can't I connect to forza horizon life?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I connect to forza horizon life?: I can't connect to horizon life sessions it only says "Error to communicate with servers" [img] [img] 1079bc78-4881-4fb9-9eaf-96e2840708c4
  10. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep crashing on my PC? How can I download the latest update patch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep crashing on my PC? How can I download the latest update patch?: So I signed up for a one month trial of Xbox Game Pass yesterday and downloaded Forza Horizon 4 to play on my Lenovo Ideacentre 510s Desktop PC. My PC has Windows 10, 8GB RAM, a 3.6GHz Intel Core...