Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11?

Discus and support Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried launching Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app, and when it opened it said it needed to update, and then froze. I closed it and tried re-launching... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MattHitti, Nov 24, 2022.

1. MattHitti
    MattHitti Guest

I tried launching Forza Horizon 5 from the Xbox app, and when it opened it said it needed to update, and then froze. I closed it and tried re-launching it, and nothing happened, I tried restarting my pc and it still didn't work. Can someone help? I'm using Windows 11 and Game Pass Ultimate.

:)

MattHitti, Nov 24, 2022
  2. MattHitti Win User

I do have the latest version of Windows installed, all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and I installed the companion app. When I tried running chkdsk /f/x/r/v into the command prompt, it said "the type of file system is NTFS, cannot lock current drive" and then it said "Chkdsk could not run because the volume is in use by another process, would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts"? Any ideas why it's not working?
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, yes, when you go to run CHKDSK it asks if you want to run when restarting the computer, type Y,and give exit to exit the CMD and restart the PC, after that it will run the scan in DOS mode
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello MattHitti, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, try the procedures below.

Using System File Checker in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

chkdsk

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

1 - Type cmd (Command Prompt) in the search bar of the Start menu and then click Run as administrator.

2 - Enter chkdsk /f/x/r/v

Being in use the system will ask if the user wants to check the chosen drive after reboot. Just type S and restart the computer.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

Hi,

The URL you've hyperlinked is the same for both links. I can't find anywhere where it says Forza 5 does not run on Windows 11.

I'm not sure how you have lost access to your progress and in-app purchases, that is likely a separate issue. However, Windows 11 is not in beta, it's a full commercial release. It's been on general release since October 2021. Forza Horizon 5 is designed to run on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.

There should no incompatibilities for games between Windows 10 and Windows 11. I'm a PC gamer and I play Forza Horizon 5 via Windows 11 and it's working perfectly.

If you can provide some more details we may be able to help you further.
  6. TXTIM Win User

Windows 11 and Forza Horizon

It doesn't run for me either. Windows 11 + Forza Horizon 4 or 5 = Crash and Burn
Thema:

1. Why is Forza Horizon 5 not launching from the Xbox app on Windows 11? - Similar Threads - Why Forza Horizon

2. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Banned from Forza Horizon 5.. Not sure why.. just guessing at this point.: Forza Ban History Page get stuck on F (forza) logo.. Please Help. I have tried different browsers and devices.. no luck. 6b602935-0432-4abf-af67-8e247a516a69
  5. Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Xbox series x controller buttons not working for my forza Horizon 5 game?: Hi. My forza horizon 5 game had an issue with the menu button not working when i was playing it on the new xbox series x. When I looked up how to fix it, I used the steps to reset the console as...
  6. why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why is my xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4: why is my Xbox one s keep on saying installation stopped when i try to download forza horizon 4 and when i get to see how fast it is downloading it inly says 900kbps or 2-5mbps and i have made a...
  7. Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is forza horizon 5 crashing on launch: I can’t pay forza horizon 5 as it crashes on launch. Pls can you fix it!! ace8bafd-73a8-4996-ae19-86085a5af5d4
  8. Why Dosen't Work to Play forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Dosen't Work to Play forza Horizon 4: I tried to play forza Horizon 4,It doesn't give me any error it just crashes when I hit "continue game" but sometimes it gives me this error : "The instruction at 0x00007FF6BA64AA32 referenced...
  9. Why can’t I play forza horizon 4 online with game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play forza horizon 4 online with game pass ultimate: I just bought game pass ultimate to play with my friend, and it still says I don’t have the privileges to do so. Any reason why this may be happening? 596dba88-d15d-47b5-b1d9-99766f4f20ec
  10. Why can't i load forza horizon 5 anymore. I own the disc. For about 3-4 days now the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i load forza horizon 5 anymore. I own the disc. For about 3-4 days now the game...: My game forza horizon 5 wont load bfa603c8-e9e5-49e4-8af6-6acbb04bc321