Why is fortnite running slow?

Discus and support Why is fortnite running slow? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have lost maybe an average of 80 fps since past configurations of the game. I find this frustrating because my system is completely up to date... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SentaClause, Jan 27, 2023.

1. SentaClause
    SentaClause Guest

I have lost maybe an average of 80 fps since past configurations of the game. I find this frustrating because my system is completely up to date running on Windows11 Pro. Does someone have a solution??

:)

SentaClause, Jan 27, 2023
  2. SentaClause Win User

Thanks for the insight. I was able to lower the graphic settings with success. Maybe epic improved their quality to such a degree that my 9 month old laptop was not cutting it at detected settings from the video card driver utility.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello SentaClause, I don't know what type of PC you have or what settings it has, but as Fortnitte is a 100% online game, lags can happen and with that the FPS will drop to maintain the connection.

There are two types of lag, processing and network, not knowing in what circumstances the fps is dropping and not even if you have the game configured in performance or quality mode, if it is in maximum quality try to put it in performance mode.
  4. SwiftSphere437 Win User

Microsoft Push Notification Service error again!!

They tell me my provider is running to slow, that is why this error come up.
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

xbox menu running slow and games running slow

Hello there @ElliotHollis, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support!

I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox:

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I also highly recommend checking the link below for further assistance:

Troubleshoot game issues on Xbox | Xbox Support

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  6. ElliotHollis Win User

xbox menu running slow and games running slow

this didn’t work so i’m not sure what to do other than completely reset my xbox. but i’m not sure if it will work or be a complete waste of time.
Thema:

1. Why is fortnite running slow? - Similar Threads - Why fortnite running

2. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  3. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  4. Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games...: Why would I not be able to access my friends to play on Fortnite? I can play on other games with no issues. 7155aeef-7405-408d-b41b-6d616f274c11
  5. Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am i getting an unexpected error logging in to xbox live account on fortnite.: When i load up Fortnite it says that an unexpected error has occured when logging in with my xbox live account. I’ve tried restarting the console, deleting the game and reinstalling, deleting my...
  6. Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x keep crashing on rainbow six siege and fortnite: I can barley play a full game or r6s without it crashing or a match of Fortnite and i don't know why my Xbox is getting enough ventilation, I've changed power cables I've done everything the ai...
  7. Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Fortnite the only game that crashes on my Xbox? It only crashes when I play battle royal: Fortntie is the only game that crashes on my Xbox. I’ve tried to re-install, clear saved data, clear persistent storage, hard reset, taken it for a service and baisicly everything else. I play on...
  8. Why won’t Fortnite install?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t Fortnite install?: I’ve tried many times to fix this issue but nothing seems to work. This has been happening since the new Fortnite season was released and the update won’t install. To fix it at first I tried...
  9. Why didn’t I receive a code with the Fortnite transformers pack?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why didn’t I receive a code with the Fortnite transformers pack?: Hello, I received the fortnite transformers pack and didn’t get a code The piece of paper is there but on the back where there’s normally a code, wasn’t there Where’s my code, very disappointed...
  10. Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my laptop run games such as Fortnite without stuttering?: Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 1.38 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.73 GB usable) My laptop is a DELL inspiron 5502 with a 512 SSD running on Windows 11. my laptop which I...