Why is enforcement so biased?

Discus and support Why is enforcement so biased? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I'll admit I use to get banned alot for being toxic. Swearing, throwing matches, and being a general nuisance, and I definitely got what I deserved... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TACK THE KILLER, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Why is enforcement so biased?

So I'll admit I use to get banned alot for being toxic. Swearing, throwing matches, and being a general nuisance, and I definitely got what I deserved with how often I got banned. I've not been banned in a few years and have stopped being an overall douche,
    but now I'm seeing a double standard. Whereas I'd be banned within the day, I'm coming across people as toxic as I was doing and not getting banned for it. Lately I've been getting cursed out by prepubescent teens trying to impress their Minecraft girlfriends
    when playing games well above their age rating. I report the messages for profanity, seeing as they drop the F bomb and B word (Obviously not saying them since I'll likely get punished someway) yet they get a pass. I don't understand why enforcement is so
    laid back now but if I were to do pt I'd be insta banned due to some blacklist.

:)

TACK THE KILLER, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Suspensions are not always issued immediately. As long as you're reporting them, the enforcement team are investigating and taking the appropriate action. So just because it isn't instant, doesn't meant they aren't getting a suspension.
  3. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

EnforceMent Team Is Biased

I'd have to agree about the fact that you need to observe what's considered appropriate trash talk and what's just rude or otherwise demeaning. Even though you didn't swear, it sounded a little aggressive and otherwise just kind of rude to respond with.

The enforcement team isn't biased... they do their job according to the guidelines they're given based around what is acceptable community content. Regardless of context they have to do their job. Sometimes it sucks, but it should always be a learning experience.

Its one thing to say that to a friend who understands a specific kind of trashtalk, but something totally different to a stranger... you know?
  4. Mimori 775 Win User

Hello Raringtriple3,

While it may seem biased, they are actually pretty consistent and fair based on the rules outlined on both their website and in the Code of Conduct.

If we take a look at the community standards, scroll down to "Keep your Content Clean" and you can see examples of what the difference is between
    trash talk an harassment. You can see here that "trash talk is an expected part of competitive multiplayer action, and [it's] not a bad thing". However, there is a line.

Examples provided in the community standards:

• Acceptable:
      • Get destroyed. Can't believe you thought you were on my level.
      • Cheap win. Come at me when you can actually drive without running cars off the road.
      • That sucked. Get good and then come back when your k/d's over 1.
    • Not Acceptable:
      • Get [sexual threat]. Can't believe you thought you were on my level.
      • Hey <profanity>, that was some serious potato aim. Get wrecked, trash.
    In this case, sending a "salt" emote is acceptable, but telling them to shove it was not acceptable. Please don't get me wrong, I can totally understand the frustration as I don't like receiving messages like that either, especially when the "teammate" was
    trolling their own members, but I also understand why the rules are in place and how they help support a more welcoming community as a whole. Instead of replying, I just mute/block/report and move on. It can be frustrating, but it's best to not try and egg
    on these players, they're trying to rally you up, hints the "salt" emote.
  5. NinjaLunchBox79 Win User

Just ignore people that, its not worth it to engage them.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User

Maybe it would have been okay if you messaged that to a friend during friendly banter, but this gamer was random and may have taken offense. Does not matter if it doesn’t offend you. It’s a blatant violation of the Code of Conduct. Sorry man. Just use
    it as an opportunity to make a better choice next time something like this arises.
Thema:

1. Why is enforcement so biased? - Similar Threads - Why enforcement biased

2. Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox enforcement so soft?: I just got a communication ban on my account for the comment of “wild lmao”. I genuinely have no idea how that would result in a ban in any universe. So I would like to know when did Xbox...
  3. It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    It says “notice of Xbox enforcment action” when I try and send a party invite why is that: Why does it say I’m suspended 5eba4a90-622b-4058-96df-0bec399b10bb
  4. Why is enforcement being carried out by bots?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is enforcement being carried out by bots?: I am only making an assumption based on recent enforcement taken against my family's Xbox live account. So about a month ago my son came home from school so so happy as he had found some other...
  5. Why is Xbox enforcement so dishonest and disingenuous? Why do Microsoft enable Rockstar...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Xbox enforcement so dishonest and disingenuous? Why do Microsoft enable Rockstar...: I received yet another ban for simply stating fact. Rockstar is a child predator and MS is an enabler. These are not attacks on any individual. These statements aren't offensive to anyone. These...
  6. Why has the enforcement got double standards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has the enforcement got double standards?: So I defend myself ingame after being provoked and prevailed, then whilst playing the bloke texts me saying how bad I was and calling me a **** and/or and kid, he also stated he was on the prowl...
  7. Why was I perma Banned Xbox Enforcement team?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why was I perma Banned Xbox Enforcement team?: I want you to reappeal my ban on my Xbox accounts DustyOrchid057 and LootGoblin4219, as I feel that I was wrongfully banned by whatever system you use that says I'm a cheater, it's a false...
  8. Why does my account have a suspension for an enforcement action that I had already completed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my account have a suspension for an enforcement action that I had already completed?: So last week I received a suspension and 2 strikes over a message (Fair enough) but then yesterday I receive an email notifying me of another enforcement action. When I go to check on it I see...
  9. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...
  10. I received an enforcement 2 day ban on XBox for a Gamerpic, can someone give me an idea why...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I received an enforcement 2 day ban on XBox for a Gamerpic, can someone give me an idea why...: I received an enforcement 2 day ban on XBox for a Gamerpic, can someone give me an idea why this is please? I changed my profile picture and this happened. 37ad59aa-e424-4926-8bb1-39c836706fb7