Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked...

Discus and support Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox is very delayed and I don’t know why I have a Ethernet cable hooked up to it and everything and my Wi-Fi is good.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Balla smith, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Balla smith
    Balla smith Guest

Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked...

My Xbox is very delayed and I don’t know why I have a Ethernet cable hooked up to it and everything and my Wi-Fi is good.

:)

Balla smith, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked up to it

Hi Balla! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

What’s your Xbox model? Did you also try to power cycle it?

Press and hold Xbox's power button for 10 sec. Unplug the power supply for 30 sec. Plug it back in and turn it on again.
  3. CottonCandyYuMm Win User

IP address error??

Well I question if it's the cord (I have a friend bringing one soon)

The reason I question it is, I hooked it up to my laptop to make sure it wasn't just the cord. But my laptop successfully connected via Ethernet cord. I hooked it back into t Xbox and it wasn't working. It's never had this problem which is why I'm baffled.
    But I will be trying a different cord soon.
  4. Payton Jones Win User

Got a question or 2

[quote user="Floorboss"]

Also does anyone know if there is something that can reach 200 feet for him to share internet with me.

[/quote]

Why not a router? If he has a Slim with a N Band and you have a decent router hooked up to you're modem he should still be able to connect, depending on how much stuff the signal has to go through. I could hook up to my neighbors network a block over
    if I wanted to.

Other than that, you're only other option is a 200 foot Ethernet cord.
  5. Bane2006 Win User

XBOX Live Party

I have a Netgear WNR1000 v2 Router and the xbox is hooked up via ethernet cord.
  6. WHOMBSLAYER918 Win User

Windows 8.1 update and bridged connection

just use a old router share your internet hook up threw ethernet cord out of pc to to router than to xbox
Thema:

1. Why is does my xbox have so much delay when I have good internet and a Ethernet cord hooked... - Similar Threads - Why does much

2. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  3. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  4. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  5. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  6. Why does the code say already redeemed

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the code say already redeemed: Just bought a gift card and son tried to redeem on account and it says the code has already been redeemed 2f38dac4-7ccf-435e-96df-d4ff11904b74
  7. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  8. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  9. Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does it say this email already exists when I try to create it but when I try logging...: I'm trying to make a hotmail for my sister so that I can make an xbox account for her. I tried to create an email for her from her device a long time ago through the Minecraft app, but after I...
  10. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...