Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...

Discus and support Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to re-install Slime Rancher on the Xbox app, and when I went to install it, it didn't work and said that it was trying to install the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by (Liam)four, Nov 26, 2022.

1. (Liam)four
    (Liam)four Guest

Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...

I am trying to re-install Slime Rancher on the Xbox app, and when I went to install it, it didn't work and said that it was trying to install the game to "Unknown available". I looked at the Xbox answers page and nothing I saw was the problem. How can I make it not go to Unknown available so I can play one of my favorite games again?

:)

(Liam)four, Nov 26, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this
    (LIAM)FOUR

Please tell me:
    Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your system received an update recently?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

Hi Liam
    I’m glad to know that!

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  4. (Liam)four Win User

Never mind I checked, and the pc needed an update it works fine now thank you
  5. (Liam)four Win User

It's on windows 11 and it started today as far as I can tell. I tried restarting the Xbox app. and no, I have not gotten an update in a while.
  6. technot80 Win User

Default install location set to Z: but only a few games will install there. Most still show C: as the only option to choose during install

I just took some random games, non of wich should require any ssd. 90% av the games only give me C: as option. On the other hand, no other game app (steam, ea, epic, etc) ever does this.

Also z: is a 8 drive hardware raid, with speeds that far exceed the c: ssd drive.

I cant recall wich games i choose to make the screenshots, so i will just choose two new ones so i can also answer with the name of the games.

The game, Phoenix Point, demanding 34.27GB defaults to Z: and also allows to choose between Z: and C:

The game, Slime Rancher, demanding 1.16GB defaults to C: and does not show any other available choices.

Now, if this was an issue where drive performance was the case, then Phoenix Point would be much more demanding then Slime Rancher.

So I conclude that this is infact unrelated to drive performance.

And why would almost all the games require installation on C:, ive never encountered a game on steam, ea, epic, or otherwise that can not be installed on another drive.
Thema:

1. Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime... - Similar Threads - Why Unknown available

2. Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?: I have an Xbox Elite 2 controller, my first, expensive controller, and I've been happy with it so far. Now the bumpers are starting to be faulty, the fault is already known. The controller is...
  3. Why won’t my headset connect?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t my headset connect?: I tried to join a party via the xbox game bar on my PC, because all of my friends are on their xbox’s, I’m getting audio from my games but it won’t connect to the xbox app, I tried going through...
  4. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  5. why is my xbox running bad

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox running bad: i bought my series s a few years ago and for the past year it’s been running really bad like i don’t have a 120hz monitor. My monitor that i have right now is a 165hz so it is compatible with the...
  6. Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox tell people why their xbox got banned: I have a friend who bought a fairly new xbox from Walmart in December 2023 now to ad some context this guy is stupid he doesn't know jack about software and how to hack program and tamper. He was...
  7. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  8. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  9. Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”: is anyone else having this issue? 8776d0f4-a855-4ded-8360-579872cacf0b
  10. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help: How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904