Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...

Discus and support Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to re-install Slime Rancher on the Xbox app, and when I went to install it, it didn't work and said that it was trying to install the game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by (Liam)four, Nov 26, 2022.

  1. (Liam)four
    (Liam)four Guest

    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...


    I am trying to re-install Slime Rancher on the Xbox app, and when I went to install it, it didn't work and said that it was trying to install the game to "Unknown available". I looked at the Xbox answers page and nothing I saw was the problem. How can I make it not go to Unknown available so I can play one of my favorite games again?

    :)
     
    (Liam)four, Nov 26, 2022
    #1
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

    Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

    Hope you're doing great today despite this
    (LIAM)FOUR

    Please tell me:
    Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your system received an update recently?
    And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

    Hi Liam
    I’m glad to know that!

    Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  4. (Liam)four Win User

    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

    Never mind I checked, and the pc needed an update it works fine now thank you
  5. (Liam)four Win User

    Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime Rancher?

    It's on windows 11 and it started today as far as I can tell. I tried restarting the Xbox app. and no, I have not gotten an update in a while.
  6. technot80 Win User

    Default install location set to Z: but only a few games will install there. Most still show C: as the only option to choose during install

    I just took some random games, non of wich should require any ssd. 90% av the games only give me C: as option. On the other hand, no other game app (steam, ea, epic, etc) ever does this.

    Also z: is a 8 drive hardware raid, with speeds that far exceed the c: ssd drive.

    I cant recall wich games i choose to make the screenshots, so i will just choose two new ones so i can also answer with the name of the games.

    The game, Phoenix Point, demanding 34.27GB defaults to Z: and also allows to choose between Z: and C:

    The game, Slime Rancher, demanding 1.16GB defaults to C: and does not show any other available choices.

    Now, if this was an issue where drive performance was the case, then Phoenix Point would be much more demanding then Slime Rancher.

    So I conclude that this is infact unrelated to drive performance.

    And why would almost all the games require installation on C:, ive never encountered a game on steam, ea, epic, or otherwise that can not be installed on another drive.
Thema:

Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime...

Loading...
  1. Why is "(C:) Unknown available" showing up as "the selected location" for installing Slime... - Similar Threads - Why Unknown available

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Why, when I try to appear online, it says “online status unknown”: is anyone else having this issue? 8776d0f4-a855-4ded-8360-579872cacf0b
  10. Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I changed from appear online to offline it just says status unknown please help: How come when I try to appear offline it doesn’t let me it says unknown bbcc64cb-a2a5-4fae-bb67-0df650d41904