why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.

Discus and support why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data. I have a limited data plan and seeing what is supposed to be a small update take so much of my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HuntDuck, Nov 8, 2022.

  1. HuntDuck
    HuntDuck Guest

    why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.


    why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data. I have a limited data plan and seeing what is supposed to be a small update take so much of my data is really annoying

    :)
     
    HuntDuck, Nov 8, 2022
    #1
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

    why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.

    Hello!

    My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

    HuntDuck, if you are using a network via hotspot, it consumes much more than the download. Well, it's a redirection of data.

    I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. Dérek Augusto Win User

    why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.

    There is no way to make an account to know exactly that.

    But whenever hotspot is used, data consumption is much higher because it is a redirect and not a direct connection.

    To no longer have this problem, just connect the console to a direct wifi or cable network, on a modem
  4. HuntDuck Win User

    why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.

    So it's normal for a 700 mb update to consume around 5gb of data?, And also why has this only started happening now, I never had this problem in the past.
  5. jdlampley Win User

    Xbox One Data usage

    I turned my one on this morning for a quick game of Shadow of Mordor before I had to go to work, and my console wanted me to download a 7.5 GB update. Really? I got 1 GB of data left on my 20 GB plan this month. Yeah, I live in a rural area and this is the
    best data plan I can afford. I do not play on line because I cannot afford the data, and I buy all my games in the store. I have already changed from Wildblue internet to Verizon 4G so I could get more data, and faster downloads because of the one. With Wildblue
    I was waking up a 1am and turning my one on so I could download the updates for free, but it was taking so long that it was still costing me data. These updates are getting frustrating, and I cannot afford to burn thru all my data on updates to games.

    Come on Microsoft you are killing me!!!!!!
  6. SoullessCodith Win User

    Storage

    I know I just installed it and it is just over 127 gb total after all of the updates. It also requires 4 gb of extra space for save data.
Thema:

why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data.

Loading...
  1. why is a 687mb Xbox one update taking 4 GB of my data. - Similar Threads - why 687mb update

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...

    in XboX Insiders
    Could there be any reason why someone who's been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now...: I'm pissed bc I've been in the Omega ring for a few weeks now and even got myself up to Level 2 a bit ago... Yet... Nothing still. Do they hate me? What is going on?? My Xbox One console says...
  9. Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital are you an insider?️ What's the crack is it the end of physical discs, why...: Hey folks, just wondering what the crack is, I certainly think it's a good thing, for example I own RDR2 however, the disc is on its way out, I don't see why we having already paid and put in...
  10. Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs

    in XboX Insiders
    Why a $200 Xbox Handheld with Physical Cartridges Is the Reset the Industry Needs: Look at the handheld market right now. On one side, you have $600–$900+ handheld PCs (ROG Ally, Legion Go, Steam Deck OLED) running desktop OS bloat, requiring constant setting tweaks, and...