Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

Discus and support Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox 360 slim and I'm just wondering why if I a higher resolution then 1080p that is available the image looks blurrier .I have tried all of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joshua Allison1, Apr 14, 2023.

  1. Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good


    I have a Xbox 360 slim and I'm just wondering why if I a higher resolution then 1080p that is available the image looks blurrier .I have tried all of the higher resolutions but they're not as good looking as 1080p the highest resolution available is 1680x1050 the resolution just above 1080p is 1024x768 when I try to go above 1080p it looks like I'm putting it in 480p help needed

    :)
     
    Joshua Allison1, Apr 14, 2023
    #1
  2. Joshua Allison1 Win User

    Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

    That's the plan for the future but at the moment I don't have the money to buy a new power supply

    I have the power supply in a area where no one should be able to get hurt by it. I all ready know how dangerous and stupid this is but it's just something I do to save money. it is currently plugged into a hot stick so I can power it off before I touch it.
  3. Rostom L Win User

    Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

    We do not really recommend that kind of setup, Joshua. It's risky. We don't assist here self-repairs. I highly recommend that you replace it with a new one.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

    Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

    the max resolution of the xbox 360 is 1080p, when it first released it was 1080i, you will not get higher than 1080p, most of the games ran at 720p upscaled too.
  5. Joshua Allison1 Win User

    Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

    It probably is just my TV I have a Roku TV and it only supports up to 1080p I am using a 4k HDMI cable so I doubt it's the cable

    Ps does anybody know a better way to keep their power supply cool https://photos.app.goo.gl/3T1BS5NSCKCWTsjA8
  6. Rostom L Win User

    Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

    Hi Joshua!

    Possible that it's a compatibility issue with your display or TV. Make sure to also adjust your TV settings and try to change as well your TV's aspect ratio.

    Please also try to change your colour settings like reference levels, colour quality, saturation and tint, etc. Kindly refer to this link https://support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/console/improve-video-quality

    Alternatively, try to use a different display cable.
Thema:

Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good

Loading...
  1. Why is 1080p the highest resolution that looks good - Similar Threads - Why 1080p highest

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why am i only level 2 when ive been in the program for almost 7 years?: Ive been in the program for exactly 6 years and 4 months and i am only level 2, so i dont get the full advantages of the insider perks. submitted by /u/bigfackingooner [link] [comments]
  4. Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is Xbox ignoring the easiest Game Pass win on the market?: Let’s be real for a second. Activision has been part of Xbox for almost a year now, yet Black Ops 1 & Black Ops 2 are still missing from Game Pass The Tech Gap: Millions of us are on digital-only...
  5. Why is the NextGen survey so long?!

    in XboX Insiders
    Why is the NextGen survey so long?!: I've answered about 100 questions and I'm only 40% through... I'm generally happy to contribute but, seriously, I'm struggling to find the energy to complete it. Shorter, focused surveys would be...
  6. Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??

    in XboX Insiders
    Why isn't Lithuania a supported country but Latvia is??: That's a very confusing thing to me like it's right there and because I'm from Lithuania I can't use all stuff on Xbox console I can't even buy Xbox game pass anymore like what submitted by...
  7. Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t I still not access the disc-to-digital feature?: I have singed up for insider and did all surveys and stuff and it’s already been days? screenshot 1 screenshot 2 submitted by /u/Cloudsquido [link] [comments]
  8. Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one s 1080p and 720p resolutions working: Hi, on my xbox one s the 1080p resolution won't work at all, and I try to change it to 720p it works for a little bit but there is no sound then it stops working. The resolution is stuck on...
  9. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

    in XBoX Accessibility
    why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750: please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried...
  10. Why Series S can record only the last minute in 1080p?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Series S can record only the last minute in 1080p?: 1 minute is not enough most of the times,being able to record the last 2 minutes would be acceptable,5 minutes almost perfect. 3b412937-2087-47ab-bccc-6d1b1d2cd392