why I can't update and download games

Discus and support why I can't update and download games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i can't download and update games and the error code is 0x8007045d 12ceb1f6-db6d-4526-8bcd-63278b69dbcd Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by itzmeHEMN , May 5, 2023.

1. why I can't update and download games

i can't download and update games and the error code is 0x8007045d

:)

itzmeHEMN , May 5, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Try setting up Manual DNS settings on your console.

1. Please go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > DNS settings >> manual

2. Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222

3. Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220

Solution 3: Please try setting up a mobile hotspot connection using your phone, then connect the console to the hotspot connection. Kindly check if the same issue persists.
  3. tejo chase Win User

Xbox One - Installation Stopped?

Some games require updates you should get an option to download and install updates either before the game downloads or after the games downloads try clearing all the queue and clear the cache then download the games one at a time (no queuing) and try either
    updating during download or download the game then update after.

I can't see any other reason why some do download fine and others don't

Sorry I can't be of better help for a solid solution but I hope you find a successful solution
  4. SonnieSlim1 Win User

Installing Games

Well that's good to know. I think it is dumb that if you are connected to the internet you HAVE to download the updates to install the game.

Why can't I just install the game updates later?
  5. Asianto Win User

Why can't I download this game?!

Multiple issues for the purchase of this game have been reported as well as updates that its now working. Give it another try and let us know if its working for you now.
    Oh my goodness it works now :D Thank you so, so much!

I kinda figured something was wrong with the Xbox xD But yeah, thanks again! :D
  6. McDaddyTree Win User

Why can't I download this game?!

I was having the same issue. Apparently that's now been resolved. I just tried again and I've got the game now.
Thema:

1. why I can't update and download games - Similar Threads - why can't update

2. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  3. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  4. Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I purchase Fortnite crew from the tab on Fortnite?: I've tried to buy Fortnite crew directly from Fortnite, and I keep getting an error that says "Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later." I can purchase anything else just fine,...
  5. Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I open Minecraft Launcher: I'm trying to open Minecraft Launcher and everytime I get hit with: "Minecraft Launcher is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s...
  6. Why can't I create a looking for group post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I create a looking for group post?: I have tried every youtube fix I could find, but none of them worked. I try to make an LFG post, but it says the same "unable to create Looking For Griup post" junk every time. It does the same...
  7. Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I submit a case review when I've been wronged?: I was playing Siege and got invited to a party by my team. I did not respond due to my 9 month old son being asleep and not wanting to talk. Skip forward and we lost a round and I received 15...
  8. Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't my xbox reach step 3 when updating?, it keeps sending me back to the "start...: Xbox update Update error Restart Offline update ddfd9111-02a9-40b8-bb9f-1f90ad3ad176
  9. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  10. Why Can't I update the Microsoft store?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I update the Microsoft store?: Everytime time I open the Microsoft store on the series X it tells me I need to update the store, then does nothing when I hit update. Restarting the app, console, and resetting the wifi...