Why I can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved?

Discus and support Why I can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Split from this thread. So I'm having the same issue. I press play from the microsoft store on my pc and it shows the ark loading screen with blue... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jackson Ruttan, Jan 14, 2023.

1. Why I can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved?

So I'm having the same issue. I press play from the microsoft store on my pc and it shows the ark loading screen with blue all around it like the screen is in the wrong resolution though in game its not. Then it just closes and doesn't say something like "ark couldn't open" or anything. It all started happening yesterday after the update

:)

Jackson Ruttan, Jan 14, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Why can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved????

Hello mikebedrossian,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to launch ARK survival evolved and is unable to because it won't launch. Let us check on this together and sort this out. Rest assured, we will do anything in our capability to assist you with your concern.

As per description, you have already performed some troubleshooting steps in your end. We'd like to know more details so we can properly isolate the issue. Please provide us information to the following questions;

1. Is it the first time you are trying to launch the game in your device?
    2. Are you able to launch other games installed in your device?
    You may add these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check if Windows updates are up-to-date.

• To check, click Windows key + I and select Update and Security> Windows update> check for updates
      • Install optional/available updates. Restart device after installing updates.
    2. Update Graphic Drivers

• Right click on start menu and click on Device Manager
    • Double click on display adapter
    • right click on the dedicated graphic driver
    • select on Update driver > choose " search automatically for drivers"
    If no available updates, you may check from official manufacturer's website. Here is the link for Nvidia GPU: Official Drivers | NVIDIA

3. Run the game in Windowed Mode

• click on the Windows icon to open start menu > %LocalAppdata% on the search bar and open it
    • go to the %LOCALAPPDATA% folder > Search for the ‘Prospect’ folder
    • open the folder and to the Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor directory.
    • Under the WindowsNoEditor folder, you’ll find a file called ‘GameUserSettings’
    • Open the user settings file using any text editor > Set ‘FullscreenMode=1’ to ‘FullscreenMode=0’ to save changes.
    • then try to launch the game again
    4. Repair/reset game services

• press Windows key + I to open Windows setting. go to settings>Applications > Apps and features
    • Click on game services > advanced options > click repair. If it doesn't resolve, click Reset
    5. Get updates from Microsoft store

• Open Microsoft Store, at the bottom left you will find the Library option
    • click on Library , in the upper right corner you will see the "Download updates" option,
    • click on it, install all the updates,
    • restart your computer and launch again the game
    6. Uninstall and reinstall game services

• Type PowerShell in the Windows search box
    • right click Windows PowerShell and run as administrator
    • copy and paste this command : get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • on the same window, copy and paste this command to install the game services : Run ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    7. Uninstall and reinstall the game again from Microsoft Store. Make sure sign in your Microsoft account that you use to purchase the game in your device.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. mikebedrossian Win User

Yes, I am still having trouble.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

Hello mikebedrossian,

Thanks for posting to the Microsoft community. First, we would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down. Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path?

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. FreakRoach Win User

Ark Survival Evolved: Required to purchase Extinction?

Ark Survival Evolved is a full game, and Ark Extinction is an add-on. Your title and description are contrary to each other and so I'm confused.

If you purchased Ark Survival Evolved then you should be just able to play it. However, if you purchased Ark Extinction then you must also purchase Ark
    Survival Evolved.
Thema:

Why I can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved?

1. Why I can't I launch ARK Survival Evolved? - Similar Threads - Why can't launch

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now”...: Why when I go into the gamepass quests area it says “ We can't check for quests right now” but when I got into my back up account it works perfectly? 210c2e1d-b065-40b4-957f-8e6c59731f4f
  5. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  6. Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download PS4 minecraft add-on's?: Today, I tried to download some minecraft bedrock edition addons, but it keeps coming up with a message that reads "you do not have space available on your PS4 system to download (insert add on...
  7. Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox headset is acting up and I can't figure out why: I got it a month ago (not wireless btw) and it seemed to work completely fine, I use it for gaming and I had no issues hearing others or my mic for how my voice sounded. Until now I first tested...
  8. Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I see other people's messages on Minecraft Servers? (Bedrock): When I play Cubecraft and other Minecraft servers on Bedrock online I am not able to send messages to other players or see what others are saying. The only way I am able to see messages is if I...
  9. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  10. Why can't I launch games from the Xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I launch games from the Xbox app?: Whenever I try to launch a game from the Xbox app, the game loads for a couple of seconds and then closes. I've already tried restarting my PC. I got this file system error on my screen:...