Why I cant Change my Xbox settings when im in Microsoft family?

Discus and support Why I cant Change my Xbox settings when im in Microsoft family? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Im minecraft gamer, when im buy minecraft for 23.90 and im downloaded minecraft Launcher, I cant join for the original servery. Its typed: failed to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by minegembler, Nov 12, 2022.

1. minegembler
    minegembler Guest

Im minecraft gamer, when im buy minecraft for 23.90 and im downloaded minecraft Launcher, I cant join for the original servery. Its typed: failed to login:null

:)

minegembler, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If you can't change your account settings by signing in to https://account.xbox.com/settings, it means that the system detects your account as a child account.

If you're still a minor, you need to ask an adult to add you as a member by signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family. Once you're added as a member, kindly ask them to sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings so they can manage your settings.

Also, with the failed login error. You may need to make sure that you're signed in on the same Microsoft account both on Xbox App and Xbox Console Companion App, this is important as well.
  3. ._202 Win User

I cant submit a ticket to forza horizon.

Thanks for helping. I really appreciate it. But when i click that link it shows me why i cant change my privacy settings. İt says that i am a member of a family. But the thing is, i am not. And i am not under 13. So do you know why that happens?
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Playing online

... i need a parent to change the settings. Im an adult so why cant i play online?
    Please go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings
    and try to change your online and privacy settings there.

If you get a page describing how to add a child account to a parent account, you probably entered an incorrect birthdate when you created your account.

Unfortunately, you can't change the birthdate on your Xbox account to make you an adult, so you will need a parent with an adult account.

The parent has to sign into their adult account and go to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    and add your child account to the family. Then the parent has to go to
    https://account.xbox.com/settings and make the necessary changes for you.
  5. Josh Carson Win User

privacy settings

Hello, JudyZB0909. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, child accounts cannot change their Xbox profile privacy settings. Doesn't matter if they are on a family group or not.

Also, changing your Microsoft account birthdate does not change your Xbox profile birthdate. So if you try to change it to make yourself an adult, it will not work. The Xbox profile birthdate is set when you create your Xbox profile and cannot be changed.

Your only option here if you need to change your privacy settings is to enter the family group again and ask your parents to change it for you. The parent that invite you to the family group will be the one who will need to change your privacy settings.

For a detailed tutorial on how to do it, please refer to:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf...

Feel free to ask back any questions you might have.
    funny how that link brings you right back to "why cant i change my privacy settings?" like what that just does not help.
  6. John P_14 Win User

im not in a xbox family, but i cant change my settings to play online. anyone know why?

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

If it doesn't allow you to change your Privacy Settings it means the system is detecting that you're on a child account. In this case, you need to use an adult (organizer) account from your Family Group to change your Privacy Settings.

To do this, kindly sign in the adult (organizer) account at https://account.xbox.com/en-us/Profile?xr=mebar... and from there, you'll be able to change your Privacy Settings. Make sure that all settings under the Privacy tab and Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety are set to "Allow" or "Everyone". It should be like the screenshot below.

Also, make sure to set these settings to "Allow"

- You can see and upload community creations

- You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

- Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Why I cant Change my Xbox settings when im in Microsoft family? - Similar Threads - Why cant Change

2. Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear any characters in Fallout 4 on xbox s series?: I have installed Fallout 4 a few times now with GamePass on my xbox s series and every time i do i cant get the audio for the characters to work, unless i pause the game in between every sentence,...
  3. Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i reinstall cod modern warefare: Ive been trying to load my modern warefare to play warefare three and it wouldnt load and i un installed and wont let me reinstall and did a factory reset why cant i play it...
  4. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  5. I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant create a high performance power plan in my windows 11, why is there no high...: There is no high performance option in my power plans and I tried to fix it by going in regedit to figure it out but i am too scared to mess up something in my computer so I didn't do anything in...
  6. Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I change the Microsoft account linked to my xbox account: Please respond, I would like to know why I couldn't change my xbox accounts Microsoft account to my new Microsoft account. 5e85eac8-5fa4-4bbb-9b80-b24b64f841e7
  7. why i cant acces the link to change my region? the link is not working on the office support

in XBoX Accessibility
    why i cant acces the link to change my region? the link is not working on the office support: the link in the help section is not working [img] 8b7c5d9d-84bd-4946-a0ca-5a34cbd58c3e
  8. Why cant i change my priority for warzone 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i change my priority for warzone 2: it says access denied ive watched videos and tried everything etc, safe boot, powerwash, give full control to user. nothing has worked it keeps saying access denied and fyi i am on a adminstrator...
  9. Why cant I change editions if I bought both of them?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I change editions if I bought both of them?: I bought both version together (Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition) for 29.99 $ but if I want to play Java its just demo. I have to buy Java for another 29.99 $ dfc3e2bb-4feb-4242-80cf-6c272a4dc15a
  10. why cant I change my profile picture?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I change my profile picture?: When I try to change my Xbox profile picture to a custom image via mobile Xbox app, the picture never updates to my profile. this has been an issue since I made my account two(ish) months ago and...