Why hasn't my gamertag changed yet?

Discus and support Why hasn't my gamertag changed yet? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag about a day ago now and it still has not registered that the the gamertag has been changed. I checked both the microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by John S-117, Jan 24, 2023.

1. John S-117
    John S-117 Guest

I changed my gamertag about a day ago now and it still has not registered that the the gamertag has been changed. I checked both the microsoft transactions and also my own credit card transactions and they both said that it took money out of my account for the gamertag change but it still has not changed and i would like to know why.

:)

John S-117, Jan 24, 2023
  2. John P_14 Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

It may be possible that there is an issue with the gamertag change not being properly processed by the Xbox servers. There are a few potential causes for this:

- The Xbox servers may be experiencing high traffic or maintenance, which could cause delays in processing the gamertag change.

- There may be an issue with your internet connection causing the communication between your console and the Xbox servers to be disrupted.

- There could be a problem with the account on the Xbox server end, which is causing the gamertag change to not go through.

Kindly try to resync your Xbox profile to your console by following the steps below. Make sure that you know your account logins before doing these steps.

REMOVE PROFILE:

To remove a profile: From Profile & system, select Settings > Account > Remove accounts. Select a profile, then select Remove.

POWER CYCLE CONSOLE:

To restart your console: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller, and then select Restart console > Restart. To power cycle your console if it's frozen: Press and hold the Xbox button on your controller for 10 seconds. Then press the Xbox button on the console or on your controller to turn your console back on.

RE-ADD PROFILE:

To add an Xbox profile to a console, press the Xbox button to open the guide and go to Profile & system. Select Add or switch, and then select Add new and follow the instructions.

If it still doesn't work, kindly give it time and check it again within 24-72 hours.
  3. Michael Fomitchev Win User

My gamertag hasn't changed yet...

a few hours? i have changed my name two weeks ago and still hasent changed
  4. Inferior-91D30E2D-4F Win User

What did you change your name to because it says your oS7Lo right now
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

Greetings, AuZZie X Effect! Are you having trouble with a gamertag change? If so, can I please ask you to create a new thread detailing out your situation? This will enable us to best assist you with your issue. Thanks in advance!
  6. Original Colton Win User

I believe your gamertag has changed OP, I remember it being a longer gamertag the first time I read this a few hours ago.

If it hasn't, just be patient, it'll have to change soon. It won't take 5 minutes to change the gamertag, it may take a few hours.
Thema:

1. Why hasn't my gamertag changed yet? - Similar Threads - Why hasn't gamertag

2. Why hasn't my refund been sent?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why hasn't my refund been sent?: Around 18-19 days ago, I refunded a game DLC. It got approved as it said "request approved" in my refund status. I still haven;t received it, d676524b-dccc-445e-994c-2bb9974f152b
  3. Why hasn't there been any Godzilla games on Xbox recently?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why hasn't there been any Godzilla games on Xbox recently?: I would love to see a Godzilla game similar or cross platform to the one PlayStation has, but I have an Xbox. Are we seeing any Godzilla games in the near future?...
  4. Why hasn't my refund been sent

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why hasn't my refund been sent: I was approved for a refund but thar was almost 2 weeks ago 57ed9be9-eba1-43f2-92c0-9d424ad2ad81
  5. Why Hasn't Microsoft Fixed the XBox Homepage yet?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Hasn't Microsoft Fixed the XBox Homepage yet?: There are community complaints everywhere on the internet about the XBox homepage and how horrible it is. It has been turned into an advertisement page instead of a home entertainment system page....
  6. Why hasn't the new update been released for asphalt 9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why hasn't the new update been released for asphalt 9: I have been waiting for almost a week now for the new update to arrive for asphalt 9 and now Gameboy is saying their waiting for Microsoft to approve it. This is the second update in a row that I...
  7. Why (Mod Removed) hasn't my money gone back into my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why (Mod Removed) hasn't my money gone back into my account: I want my (Mod Removed) money back man taking the (Mod Removed) now 9bb148ef-d5ab-4b08-ab31-23ae6e3bc5af
  8. Xbox series x repair stuck at shipping label created. Why hasn't it moved since it was...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series x repair stuck at shipping label created. Why hasn't it moved since it was...: I sent my Xbox series x in for repair. I got a notice around 6PM on 8/29 that my repair has shipped. The problem is the fedex tracking number they gave me is stuck on shipping label created and it...
  9. Why hasn't Nitrado received the server payment from Microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why hasn't Nitrado received the server payment from Microsoft?: I am a first-time renter for Nitrado and wanted to rent an Xbox One Ark Survival Evolved server for me and a few friends. The server provider I chose is in Los Angeles USA and I purchased the...
  10. Why hasn't my gamertag updated?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn't my gamertag updated?: I have changed my gamertag to GunsNGenerals but for some reason every time I open up the app it shows my old gamertag. How do I fix it to display my updated username?...