Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed?

Discus and support Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been having issues since I've started using the app over 2 weeks ago. My issue is that I don't receive game invites or party invites on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Tegral, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Tegral
    Tegral Guest

I've been having issues since I've started using the app over 2 weeks ago. My issue is that I don't receive game invites or party invites on my computer. I go to looking for group, pick a group to join, get confirmed and then nothing. A day or 2 later
    I will receive a message from said person telling me they sent me invites and that they added me but still no invites have shown up. It's really alienating me from all the other players out there. When I try to google the symptoms I get posts about this exact
    same issue FROM 2 YEARS AGO!? So you all over at microsoft and Xbox have known about this issue for 2 years and NOTHING has been done to fix it. Thought maybe I needed the new xbox (beta) app so I spent 3 hours downloading and installing the windows 10 update
    just to find out that 75% of the functionality is missing, including looking for group and creating a party! Does anyone have an answer as to when, if ever, this is going to be fixed or even addressed by an employee? It's extremely frustrating and I feel like
    you are trying to FORCE PC users to play on their xbox instead of allowing us to use our PC. Playing on my xbox is rarely an option for me as we have only one television and My girlfriend uses it. Someone please help.

:)

Tegral, Jul 16, 2019
  2. tylerziemer Win User

I quit playing sea of thieves because the xbox app was so bad on PC legit made it aids for the social aspect and just got sick of it deleted uninstalled havent looked back
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hey there,

We will be locking this older thread due to it being revived by a new post. If the issue is
    on going, we recommend creating a new thread
    detailing the issue at hand and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. We will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thank you!
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I feel you on this one. :(

I'm an Xbox player, and I use the Xbox app on my phone every day. I have constant issues with it as well. Things are just bugged and lock up and don't load and don't send and it will only load so many things before it just locks up and freezes and sits there.
    :/ It has been like this for a couple of years for me, and at this rate it just doesn't feel like it's going to be addressed by the software engineers. :( The only thing I do, which sometimes helps, is force the app to Stop running (I have to click "Force
    Stop" on the Xbox Console Companion app in my phone, under Settings and App Management) and once that is done, then I start the app up again and sometimes this will fix some of the issues.

As this hasn't been addressed at all or responded to by Xbox/Microsoft, despite so many complaints I've seen over the past years about it, it suggests to me that "it is what it is" and they are not focused on reworking the app. I would suspect that we will
    get a new, updated app when the next gen of consoles are released (Scarlett).

Good luck to you and I hope these features do start working for you at some point on the XCC app.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Have you got the notification boxes ticked on the app? If you do not, they will not show. To check, goto the settings icon, select notifications, and tick each box you want notifications from. Once you have done that, hopefully you will get notifications
    when someone sends an invite for you.
  6. Tegral Win User

Praise the Sun indeed. I too hope they start working. I guess we will just have to be in charge of the inviting until then or play non xbox games. :D It's a little silly to finally update an app for a console AFTER the new generation of consoles is out,
    but I can sort of see how it would make sense in that now they don't care if people don't buy an xbox one so they make the PC and Phone apps start working correctly to encourage more people to play those games.
Thema:

1. Why has the xbox console companion app not been fixed? - Similar Threads - Why has console

2. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  3. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. Party chat has stopped working why? X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has stopped working why? X: We’ve always had party chat and suddenly stopped and can’t get it back on x 03d109a8-a5b8-47b4-83a1-e85bf56fea4f
  6. why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month

in XBoX on Windows
    why is my refunds taking so long it has been over a month: i requested a refund for multiple items and i got them approved but i havent got my money back and it has been a very long time now when it says on the website could take up to a week of time but...
  7. Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...

in XboX Insiders
    Real life hero has to be 32 characters long why is that.my title is real life fucking hero...: All these games on video i have done in real life.im not cutting down video games but doing them in excess cant be too healthy.iIt will affect you negatively in some sociall or physical aspect as...
  8. Why everyone has 100 packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why everyone has 100 packet loss: Why does all of my friends (include me ) have packet loss today .It isn’t a ISP problem nor a router cause I checked it . It’s really annoying for competitive players...
  9. Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.: My mw3 (2023) has been crashing constantly. It isn’t sitting in a tv stand or anything. It is in an open space. I have hard reset the console, moved where it is plugged in at, and have factory...
  10. Why has my console been banned?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my console been banned?: Hi all, My son has quite a chequered history with breaching community standards in the Xbox network, after so many warnings and temporary suspensions they have permanently banned his account, as...