Why has my Xbox series x suddenly started losing video signal at random intervals

Discus and support Why has my Xbox series x suddenly started losing video signal at random intervals in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have tried other hdmi cables and tested, no change. This began after having my Xbox returned from Microsoft for refurbishment due to an overheating... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Eric Federonich, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Why has my Xbox series x suddenly started losing video signal at random intervals

I have tried other hdmi cables and tested, no change. This began after having my Xbox returned from Microsoft for refurbishment due to an overheating issue.

It occurs randomly, sometimes it will flick on and off once or twice, sometimes it begins continuously cycling between signal and no signal.

:)

Eric Federonich, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Why has my Xbox series x suddenly started losing video signal at random intervals

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Have you also tried using a different TV, Eric?

If this is happening even if you try to use a different HDMI cable and a different TV the issue can be with the HDMI port itself.
  3. Big Seppel Win User

Skype video conference on Xbox One not possible

We are two persons at the skype conference (Xbox and PC). I host the video chat and I lose everytime my video signal. And I cannot restart the signal so I have to start a new call. I happend when I' use Skype in full screen and when it is snapped. I noticed
    this problem after the june system update. First Kinect didn't start when I started the Xbox and now Kinect is working fine except with Skype. Sorry for my englisch. :)
  4. St Anger20 Win User

Game streaming suddenly stops at random interval.

Same here pal, exactly the same! Are you using a slim? I am and this problem has been prevalent since I got my slim on 8/23 although I haven't streamed in some time before this... Every single update they put out completely ruins SEVERAL other features of
    this console! So pathetic from a software company, they can't get the os to work at all, EVER! Complete garbage in my eyes. I've never ever ever had not even one single issue with my PS4! I'm to the point now that I'm returning my slim console and gonna just
    use my original when I do end up playing gears 4! MS you need to fix your *** soon as my console is full of touted features that don't EVER work!!!!
  5. ZeroC00L Win User

After strolling the web for some more hours I found a solution to the game streaming problem myself.

I did the following:

1. turn off the xbox with the power button.

2. disconnect the xbox from its power supply, but leave the power supply in the wall socket.

3. wait for at least 2 minutes.

4. connect the xbox to its power supply.

5. turn on xbox.

I have been streaming games all day today. No clue why longpressing the powerbutton did nothing though.
  6. ZeroC00L Win User

After stroling on the web some more I found the solution to my problem. It is stupid that I had to do it this way, but it worked wonders. I did the following steps:

1. turn off the xbox through the power button

2. unplug the power cord connected to your xbox. Leave the power blok in the wall socket though.

3. wait for at least 2 minutes.

4. connect the xbox back to the power.

5. turn xbox back on and the streaming will work again.

No idea why this worked, but I have been playing games through streaming all day today.

Just powring down by longpressing the on/off button does not work however.
Thema:

1. Why has my Xbox series x suddenly started losing video signal at random intervals - Similar Threads - Why has series

2. Why has my gamerscore been reducted?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my gamerscore been reducted?: My gamerscore has gone down for some reason and I'm not sure why. 69190dc1-6245-4507-a02c-2375e46eb6a5
  3. Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my HDR stopped working just overnight when nothing has changed?: Curious as to why my HDR has seemed to just quit out of nowhere. When starting up any game, the screen washes out and becomes overly dim. Nothing in my TV settings or series x settings has...
  4. my sons account has been banned why ?

in XBoX on Windows
    my sons account has been banned why ?: hello i wanted to ask a question on here my son is 10 and made a looking for group post on a game and was tryna play with people around his age and he has been suspended and will be unsuspended 5...
  5. My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Son has FC24 on Xbox Series S and has added a friend who has a PS5... why can't they...: The Cross Play feature is enabled, they are friends but when he tries to add him to play a game he isn't there for selection in the Online friends list. In fact it doesn't even show the Online...
  6. Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why has my series x suddenly slowed down with network connection?: I’ll try to keep it short. I have a series x and I run it on xfinity 1200mb plan. Up until a week ago I was running smoothly with 15-18 ping on wireless. Suddenly I can’t play any games because my...
  7. Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my series x stopped reading certain discs again?!: Same thing happened with my first X sent in back in 21 and was was sent this one. About early summer it started reading only certain 4ks then it was certain Blu rays then it was no DVDs now it's...
  8. Why has my Xbox series X graphics appear to have degraded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my Xbox series X graphics appear to have degraded?: When I first got my Series X I was very impressed with the graphics but at this point I am very disappointed. Sometimes graphics are rendered so poorly, like character faces in games have...
  9. Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has this problem on the series x/s versions of the Xbox not been fixed yet and how do I...: The YouTube app on xbox series s and I have heard it is the same for series x has a problem with the video and audio synchronization. The audio is delayed on the app while the video is ahead of...
  10. Why has dev mode bricked my xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has dev mode bricked my xbox series s: Dev mode has bricked my xbox series s. Some folders not showing and cant do anything with dev account. Just paid for it and its useless 9f66acda-32eb-44bd-bfa0-49f59ef7c5d0