Why game tag has changed?

Discus and support Why game tag has changed? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son is trying to switch his game tag back to his original one. It some how changed a while ago when he was using Epic..? He told me xbox created the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TWhitney1, Nov 7, 2020.

1. TWhitney1
    TWhitney1 Guest

My son is trying to switch his game tag back to his original one. It some how changed a while ago when he was using Epic..? He told me xbox created the new game tag in order to play Epic and when he returned to his room, his main profile name tag had also
    changed to it. This was a while ago but in trying to switch it back im supposed to hand over £7.99 ?!

Ive contacted support this morning but after being on hold most of the time, he cut me off - i was nothing but kind and patient. I’m so close to cancelling the subscription and refusing to buy more battlepasses now since so far “Support” was as usefull
    as a chocolate teapot

The principal of having to pay to switch something back which shouldnt have switched in the first place whilst being cut off when I asked for help is bothering me now. Can you help please ?

His original gaming tag was OGGI Ace now its FaZe Oggi or something lose to that. He wants to keep all his skins etc but just have his Tag back OGGI Ace. It shouldnt be this hard to sor especially since it switched wrongly in the first place.

:)

TWhitney1, Nov 7, 2020
  2. TWhitney1 Win User

Thanks for letting me know.
  3. TWhitney1 Win User

Hi

My son set up his name tag OGGI Ace on xbox when he first got his xbox. There was no charge to do this on signing up.

He is adamant he did not change his his name tag himself. He says in order to play Epic a new name tag to play Epic was created by Epic. Xbox then seemed to have applied that Epic name tag to his xbox and changed his xbox game tag. We dont understand howvthis
    happened but it did. He wants his original game tag back and on his current account. I dont understand why you dont check the account from your end in order to help resolve this issue rather than fob me off to chase Epic?
  4. [EX] Win User

Hi,

now that you know maybe I can help you with that based on facts and experiences.

Fact is, that everybody can change the Gamertag (GT) twice !

The first time is, when you change the GT given from the system to the one you want. If you are now charged to change the GT means, it was changed a second time.

The experience tells me, that in over 10 years it never ever happened that the GT was changed from Microsoft or automatically by the system, if somebody created a third party nick name !

Experience is also telling me, kids are lying !

Based on that let's make a first guess: Maybe your son wanted to see how his Gt would look like if it was different. Because it was free (and he maybe did not know at that time that this was the last free GT change) he just changed it. And when he was trying
    to change it back he had to realize, that it now costs a fee. So he is now telling this story about Epic etc...

Even though that I think this option has a very high probability, it is not the only one.

Sadly we here in the forum made the experience, that if strange things happened to the accounts of some players, they were so called "hacked".

I am writing it this way because they weren't really hacked ! No they shared their accounts with so called friends to play each other games. But that gives a third person full access to your account and is often missused. Changing GT more counts as a prank
    if you see what else can be done what most often ends in a permanent ban of the account !

So if your son is really not lying you should ask him if he is sharing his account. If so you have to change the password of the account immediately to prevent further actions !!!

Hope this brings you a bit closer to the truth !
  5. Patersongaming Win User

Hello ,

If your son created a gamertag when he signed up for the account as you stated.It would charge you €7.99 to change the username.However if you are trying to change your epic username i would contact epic support.For more information about name changes
    on xbox click here. If you still have trouble i would use the another method of contact on https://support.xbox.com

Hope this helps!
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Hi

My son set up his name tag OGGI Ace on xbox when he first got his xbox. There was no charge to do this on signing up.

He is adamant he did not change his his name tag himself. He says in order to play Epic a new name tag to play Epic was created by Epic. Xbox then seemed to have applied that Epic name tag to his xbox and changed his xbox game tag. We dont understand howvthis
    happened but it did. He wants his original game tag back and on his current account. I dont understand why you dont check the account from your end in order to help resolve this issue rather than fob me off to chase Epic?
    Patersongaming is just another fellow gamer who doesn't work for or get paid by Microsoft to help here in the forums. He/she is just here on his/her own time to help out the community with possible suggestions for solutions to certain problems.

So he/she couldn't check your account from their end if they wanted to.
Thema:

1. Why game tag has changed? - Similar Threads - Why game tag

2. Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series X crashing and completely shutting down during games such as Chivalry...: I have spent over a year now dealing with this issue of my console shutting down mid game, and I have spoken with countless call center representatives from another country that has been very...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my Pc screen going black when i play high intensive games?: Hello So I've been frustrated for the couple of weeks because I've been trying to fix my gpu from crashing. I've updated the drivers, I've taken out my gpu out of the socket and put it back in,...
  5. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  6. Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are some of my previously purchased games not showing up?!?: Back when I had an xbox 360 I had bought or downloaded thru game pass, gta 5 and multiple other games digitally, I now have an xbox x, I've logged in with the same account and gta 5 along with a...
  7. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  8. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  9. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  10. Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can I not communicate with my friends/teammates in lobby or in game for The Finals?: 2 months ago I lost all comms in the lobby and in game I could not communicate with anyone who wasn't my friends. After this week's patch I cannot communicate with ANYONE in anyway whatsoever....