Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?

Discus and support Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm in the middle of a ranked rocket league match, finally getting my groove and doing well, and the goddamn xbox blacks out and then goes into a... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/LightOfBaraq, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?

I'm in the middle of a ranked rocket league match, finally getting my groove and doing well, and the goddamn xbox blacks out and then goes into a system update. Why was I not even given an option to download later???? Wtf xboner.

submitted by /u/LightOfBaraq
    [link] [comments]

/u/LightOfBaraq, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Ecko-6B2570FA-4302-4 Win User

Forced update mid game!!?

Hi,

The type of update you experienced was a Mandatory update where you are forced to do the update at that time. I know this won't help from before, but going forward you can set your Xbox automatically update each night using the instructions here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview
    ) or listed below:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select System > Updates.
    4. Under Console, select Keep my console up to date if it isn’t already.

After that is done make sure your Xbox is set to Instant-On mode so that it can search for updates while off here ( https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/learn-about-power-modes ):

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings > All settings.
    3. Select Power & startup > Power mode & startup. Select Power mode to change the setting.

Hope this works out for you.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Set your console to instant on mode. Updates will usually happen when you're not using the console and you'll never notice them.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

Xbox force updating mid game

Hi there!

If you are seeing multiple updates like this we would assume you are part of the Insider Preview program possibly in the Alpha or Beta ring.

If this is the case, then frequent updates are a part of being in that program.

The Insider program is there to let you test beta programs for the console and provide feedback to the team that is working on the OS.

This program is not designed for casual use of the console.

If you do not enjoy the experience of the program and do not want to partake in the testing that it involves we recommend removing the app from your console and

Factory resetting.

This will remove you from the program and allow you to go back to the standard scheduled updated process that casual gamers take part in.

Alternately if you do want to continue to be part of the debug and testing process you could set one console as your test console and then leave a second console as your standard gaming console.

We understand that may not be plausible for all Gamers but there is no way to avoid the update process in the program as it is part of the stress testing process.

We do hope this sheds a little light on the program and what is expected when being a part of it.

We also encourage you to post in the
    Insider forums
    with any feedback you have for the program so that their team can take it into consideration!
  5. bd58e819-44f5-41d7-a Win User

Can I play any xbox one oxbox 360 game offline

The game cant be install and why does the xbox one has to be online only.Do you force the xbox one to be online gaming console only or there games has to be offline.
  6. Slobosaurus Win User

Updates with the Xbox insider program

I've experienced this before. It maybe that your console failed to update while it was not in use and forced it through mid game as a last resort. I 'overused' my xbox (didnt shut it off for a few days) when it happened to me. It can happen but it actively
    tries to aviod doing so
Thema:

Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!?

1. Why force a console update mid-online-game?!?!? - Similar Threads - Why force console

2. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?: Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less...
  3. Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I constantly getting Fortnite ads forced down my throat on XSS?: For months now, I've had the same game being pushed on me over and over with the Xbox Home ads. Not once have I even considered installing Fortnite as it is a game for toxic children yet you seem...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Xbox without being forced to cloud gaming?: Ever since I downloaded xbox app in my new pc if I try to play a cloud accepted game on my Xbox it forces me to cloud gaming and won’t let me join an party invite from others in the game. It also...
  6. Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my pc game pass games gone but i am still able to play if i forcefully open the...: its saying something about an age restriction but i've never had the problem before. i don't know the exact timing of when the error started accouring. also i have screenshots of the errors but...
  7. Why Is my xbox forcing me to pay a specific game by card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Is my xbox forcing me to pay a specific game by card?: Do basically, I'm trying to buy the new Call of duty: Modern warfare 3 and my xbox keeps asking me for a Mastercard approval yet I'm trying to buy it with Microsoft account money. I have enough...
  8. Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox force Crossplay when it is optional on PS systems?: Before I begin, there are multiple Xbox Dev sources and Xbox ambassador sources that "claim" to have explained it was supposed to be optional from the launch of crossplay. As all Xbox players have...
  9. Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Series S force me to buy the game pass before playing Ubisoft games (trivial...: I have owned these Ubisoft games for at least a year and have played online with friends without any issues, but now when I launch them and go to start an online game it brings up the game pass...
  10. Why is it i am being forced to look at unwanted add on my homescreen?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is it i am being forced to look at unwanted add on my homescreen?: Please tell me there is a way to change it back ? Being forced to see all the ads is rediclus. I want to have the option to control what i look at on my homepage. I purchased it and have no...