Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict?

Discus and support Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Honestly sick of NAT Types. I was always at open and i checked my NAT type today and i see its been changed to Strict...which is completely useless.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by diequick57, Jul 18, 2019.

1. diequick57
    diequick57 Guest

Honestly sick of NAT Types.

I was always at open and i checked my NAT type today and i see its been changed to Strict...which is completely useless. I need it to be open and i just dont get why Xbox changed it to strict. God i hate technology , so frustrating.

:)

diequick57, Jul 18, 2019
  2. R4VER Win User

Its more likely to be a issue with your router crashing or 2 devices using the same IP that has led to this occuring
  3. diequick57 Win User

It just switched back to Open a few minutes after i posted this.

Why did it switch back?
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there diequick57,

We are unsure of what may have happened with the NAT switching to strict and back to open on it's own but as R4VER has mentioned this has more to do with the networking device that it is connecting to and not the console itself. In this case we are glad
    that your NAT type is now open, if you do ever run into this problem again go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful troubleshooting for these issues.

We will go ahead and lock this thread as the issue has been resolved. If you have any further questions please start a new thread so that we may continue to assist you.

Happy Gaming!
  5. Iiud Win User

Lag on night

This could be a problem with switches of Nat Types, go into Test Connection and test your Nat Type, if it is 'Strict' this would be why you have lag spikes.
  6. MessiahBrowny Win User

Xbox one problems left right and centre i see

Thank god did you guys just load it up and got prompt to update?

also how do you port forward am hearing people's nat type showing strict or mod?
Thema:

1. Why for the love of God did my NAT TYPE switch to strict? - Similar Threads - Why love God

2. why suspend my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    why suspend my account: Why log me out my account for that ive had for 12 years then when i put all the right information on the stuff its telling me to put in then it says im wrong And then when I ask for support it...
  3. Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why when I use my Fortnite vbuck card and put in the Xbox code its say it already been used...: I followed the directions on the game and when I went to the Xbox code and went on my console it didn’t work it’s said it had already Been used and it was 1,000 vbuck on that card that I can’t use...
  4. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  5. Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I getting charge for MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO??I don't know what this is: W I'm getting billed for[MICROSOFT*ULTIMATE 1 MOMSBILL.INFO] I don't know why or what it is?help please 71cfec8f-e672-4d9a-afdc-8f42dbbd5613
  6. Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the download speed on xbox 360 0.01 mbps?!: I hooked up my 360 so i can play while my xbox one is being used and i have a few games that are not compatible on the new gens but its taking sooo long to download anything and its downloading at...
  7. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  8. Why is my xbox seris x doing this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox seris x doing this: I was just playing a a game and i decided that i would play a disc game so i insert it and then it doesn't work so i tried a different disc then it didn't work so i restarted it and then it works...
  9. Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can my Xbox series x turn off my tv ( TCL C745) but not turn it on ? :(.: I've had Samsung TV before and my console could turn on/off the TV .. but now I bought a TCL smart TV and the console can't turn it on * Moved from Community Center...
  10. Why is my controller unresponsive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my controller unresponsive?: My Xbox controller randomly stopped working last night.It can turn on and the light stays on still, but none of the buttons etc respond. When I unpaired and tried to pair it to my Xbox again, it...