Why don't I have access to my Epic Games Account?

Discus and support Why don't I have access to my Epic Games Account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I have a slight issue. My son logged into my Epic Games Account on his XBOX using his email and now every time I SIGN IN to Epic Games using my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TerryZAR-, Dec 17, 2022.

1. TerryZAR-
    TerryZAR- Guest

Hello, I have a slight issue. My son logged into my Epic Games Account on his XBOX using his email and now every time I SIGN IN to Epic Games using my credentials, the website thinks I am my son. I have no access to my services or content on epic games. THE WEBSITE THINKS I AM THE CHILD TRYING TO ACCESS PRIVATE INFORMATION. In short my account is now a CABINED ACCOUNT UNDER MY SON'S NAME. please help, how do I gain control over the account?

:)

TerryZAR-, Dec 17, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hello TerryZAR-,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description you lose access on your account on Epic games since your son login to it on his Xbox account. Let us check on this together and sort this out to assist your concern. However, to better understand we would like to ask few questions about it.

1. Did the account of your son sign out? If that's the case, then most likely his account is still login.
    2. Can you please provide details, like what device are you using and if you are on a PC what Windows version?
    3. Which account do you want to gain control of, your son or you mean to get access back to your account?
    4. Is your son's account a child?
    Just for clarification, two accounts cannot be combined as they have individual sign in and emails link to it and there is no thing such as automatic merging of Microsoft account.

To regain a certain account, just use the 'Forgot your password?' function on the Epic Games login page and send recovery info to every email address you know you've created. Eventually, you should find a link to reset your password in one of your inboxes, and then you can log in and unlink it.

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi TerryZAR-,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. KhajiBower34 Win User

Is there a way Xbox can find the first epic games account linked to my Xbox account

Hello MRowyy, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Regarding your question, please note that Xbox does not have direct access to third-party account information, such as Epic Games. Linking accounts between Xbox and Epic Games is done through Epic Games' own linking and authorization process. If you have linked your Xbox account to an Epic Games account, we recommend following the steps provided by Epic to access your first account.

Generally, to recover an Epic Games account, you can visit the Epic website, log in, and use the account recovery options provided by them, such as resetting your password or requesting assistance from the Epic Games support team. Providing additional information, such as the username, associated email address, or any other relevant information, may assist in the account recovery process.

If the reply was helpful, please don't forget to upvote or accept as an answer, thank you
  5. KindGryphon Win User

How do I diconnect Epic Games account through Microsoft ?

I have an unknown Epic Games account connected to my Microsoft account and I want to disconnect it through Microsoft instead of signing into Epic Games because I don't know its login info. I tried disconnecting on the Microsoft Apps and Service tab, but it did not work, it just removed access and did not unlink it.

(I already tried logging in with my Xbox account on the Epic Games website and it said that the account is inactive.)

I am getting an Xbox soon, so I want to keep playing on my current Epic Games account.

I have looked around, but the only to disconnect is through Epic Games. Is there any other way that could do this or am I just stuck with a random account?
    The linking process is initiated from Epic Games side so unlinking would also have to happen from their end.
  6. Conor Y. Win User

I am on PC, and I want to get vbucks with either an xbox or microsoft gift card but there is no vbucks on the microsoft store, anyone how to get vbucks on pc with an xbox gift card?

Hello,

I bought 9 euro vbucks just now with my Microsoft account balance from a gift card and I have xbox account linked to my epic games. I don't see the vbucks on my account. Is it not possible to access the vbucks on pc?

Thanks
Thema:

1. Why don't I have access to my Epic Games Account? - Similar Threads - Why don't access

2. Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why in Colombia we don't have Microsoft reward?: Good afternoon, I hope you are well. I have seen in different official Xbox accounts and the official website with a domain in another country, the prizes they give for having points in boxing...
  3. I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am on 270 ms and I don't know why. I use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my dns setting but I...: Please reply if you know anything to help my lag issues 40196061-8ff9-419a-b924-44e03e6c880d
  4. Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's

in XBoX on Windows
    Why don't they make the Minecraft education edition free also for the demo to make world's: Minecraft education edition c2879264-d140-4f7c-9292-aa2d15f88547
  5. my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox controller keeps disconnecting and i don't know why: i have tried switching the batteries and using a usb-c cable but it did not work tried connecting it to my laptop however nothing i have tried works c6b67020-1343-4433-8f46-f38518b5101c
  6. Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...

in XBoX on Windows
    Does anyone know why media playback controls (through mobile and voice command) don't work...: Media controls (both through google assistant and mobile app) will not work with paramount plus on Xbox. Does anyone know why? c3624f1e-a08a-45c2-be39-1fda9e8618ba
  7. Why don't xbox remake older games like Playstation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't xbox remake older games like Playstation: Just curious as to why xbox don't remake some old classics like fallout new vegas, fallout 3, oblivion, halo 3 and gun? Not like xbox is lacking in teams. Playstation remake and "remaster" games...
  8. Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't PC gamepass players got the same thing as Xbox players does in the achievements ?: First thing sorry for my English I am not a native speaker. secondly, I want to say that the GamePass achievements on PC are very poor compared to Xbox and it doesn't look like the Xbox...
  9. Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I access the headset chat mixer and when I update it don't work: I can't hear no sound or nothing d0eb6f27-de41-41ab-a930-05a8dde85642
  10. Why don't I have access to games I purchased?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why don't I have access to games I purchased?: Ok so I just got the Xbox x series not that long ago and I love playing it but I am getting really frustrated. I let my friend sign into his account on MY xbox for when he's at my house and wants...