Why doesn't my xbox one games play after updating the console

Discus and support Why doesn't my xbox one games play after updating the console in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; After updating a friend's Xbox One console, the games disc's will not play. Have cleaned some of them but the console just attempts a start then stops.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mark Simon2, Mar 27, 2023.

1. Mark Simon2
    Mark Simon2 Guest

After updating a friend's Xbox One console, the games disc's will not play. Have cleaned some of them but the console just attempts a start then stops.

:)

Mark Simon2, Mar 27, 2023
  2. Mark Simon2 Win User

Thanks, I've try the hard reset, didn't work, so will try the second option...thanks.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I have here steps that we can try, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

"1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

"Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps."
  4. Elohmn Win User

Help will really be appreciated!!!

CleverNikke, a word of caution. There is a Mandatory Day One Update.

Without this Update your Console will be the original Policies after the Reveal. This means without having the Day One Update your Xbox One in a Region not Supported might not be able to play Games after 24 hours. And without being in a Region that is Supported
    (hence receiving the Update), you could see this would be problematic.

Anytime anyone uses any Product outside of an Officially Supported Region, expect issues. If none happen that's great. If it doesn't work, that why it is called a Supported Region.
  5. afrazrehman Win User

Problems After Update

Hello,

I recently updated my xbox one console. After the update, one of my games, which was working properly before the update, has stopped working. I insert the disc, the game screen logs in but I'm led to the home screen after a few seconds. I was directed yesterday
    by the xbox ambassador to reset my console. I acted accordingly and the game played! However, when I turned on my console today to play the game, the same problem occurred. Please help.
  6. StandupCafe9822 Win User

GTA V activation code but game is not visible on XBOX One game list

That game is not backwards compatible. You would need the One version in order to play it on the One.
    Ok, but why still doesn't show on Microsoft / XBox My Games List (website, not the console).
Thema:

1. Why doesn't my xbox one games play after updating the console - Similar Threads - Why doesn't games

2. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  3. Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my old gen Xbox one s let me download a game?: So I'm trying to download Call Of Duty World War 2, I know its possible to be downloaded because I have the disk and my friend downloaded it on his old gen console just a few weeks ago, but every...
  4. Why doesn't my PC download games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't my PC download games?: Yesterday I bought Sea of Thieves to play on PC, however when I install it it stays at 0 forever 9ad8a814-ae25-4b7d-9da9-6fb1f90c0f0f
  5. Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X automatically update games?: I've had this problem for years, since I got the console. I have tried pretty much everything. I have the standby on, I keep storage one, I have "keep games and console up to date" ticked. I also...
  6. Why does my game not delete any storage when I delete the game and it doesn't uninstall?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my game not delete any storage when I delete the game and it doesn't uninstall?: When I try to delete this game and redownload it, it says it appears to be corrupt and to try uninstalling and reinstalling it. But I can't delete it. 840402c8-2a62-4a5b-8dde-31fe7233245e
  7. Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my installing games and apps say installing but doesn't move/ download: My app like I just got dead island 2 I started to download it but is just stuck at saying installing and not moving 8c9ceaed-edeb-40e2-8264-7011d60cfd1b
  8. Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft Solitaire and Casual Games open any more: I have a problem. I accepted an update from Solitaire collection and it has done nothing since except for the cards spinning around all the time. I have tried everything from clearing cache,...
  9. Why doesn't Game Pass Ultimate work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Game Pass Ultimate work?: Bought game pass ultimate but whenever i try to buy games from the included memberships it wants to charge full price instead of the discounted price 42105583-dc94-4eae-98d4-6d5006e30d1b
  10. Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the game I purchased in store NBA 2k 23 x/s doesn't work on Xbox one s ?: Yesterday I bought NBA 2k 23 on my console Xbox one s and in the game it was marked that it is for x/s and it doesn't work please if any member of the team can help contact me cause I feel bad for...