Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set?

Discus and support Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Auto-update has been broken on Alpha for years. How about fixing it? I see no reason the xbox can't start the update on its own anymore(it used to when... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/cchadcc, Aug 22, 2020.

1. /u/cchadcc
    /u/cchadcc Guest

Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set?

Auto-update has been broken on Alpha for years. How about fixing it? I see no reason the xbox can't start the update on its own anymore(it used to when it was new). It wouldn't be so bad but the Xbox is extremely slow. Applying a 1Gb patch on it takes a long time(way longer than d/ling and applying the same size patch on my Linux laptop by a factor of at-least 2) and its always at the ready to update screen when I turn it on. If its on instant-on mode and keep console up to date is checked why doesn't it do that?

submitted by /u/cchadcc
    [link] [comments]

/u/cchadcc, Aug 22, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Change xbox system updates

Not in preview - but there are certain settings - not working for preview?

Keep system up to date - and Instant startup - are two?

Checkbox says it say updates are done when turned off - but not sure if working in power saving mode.
  3. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

Xbox PC keeps redownloading games

Manage network bandwidth for downloading games on...
    Click the Xbox button  to open the dashboard and select Profile & System > Settings > System > Updates.
    Uncheck the checkbox labeled Keep your games and apps up to date.
  4. XBF-Pat Win User

i have lost SO MUCH progress in games thanks to the zero warning system update

Voltren,

I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles. System updates are rolled out to customers over a week-long period. Where they are usually made available on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and customers have a week to get them downloaded and installed.

To manually check if an update is available for your console, go here:

Settings - System - Update and it will show if a console update is pending for your console

Also, on this same screen. There are two options

Keep my console up to date - if checked, the Xbox services will try to update your console when you are not using it

Keep my games & apps up to date - will also try to download any Content Updates for games you have recently played

If you are using the console during the daily update window, then it will try again the next day. It does this every day between the first available date for a system update up to when that system update becomes mandatory. If you choose to not check the Keep my console up to date checkbox, then you may want to manually check for updates as a first step after turning on your console
  5. DiLeon Win User

error 0x8027025

same problem here, cant even get into setting apps the store error code 0x8027025a for everything, console is only 3days old
    Same here, once it happens nothing can be started. The only solution is to shut down the console and removing power for some seconds. Just rebooting the console or switching it off and on again (energy saving power profile active) doesn't help.

Curious: this happens only when the console is idle for some time, regardless if an app or game is started or not. If I keep playing, the problem doesn't come up. I've opened a ticket at MS and requested an adavanced exchange but I fear that that's a software
    problem...
  6. Taylor Smith2 Win User

I STILL Can't Post Looking For Group Post's, OR "I'm interested" them.

My Xbox console is up to date, aswell as my settings are on everybody. When I press the link, it doesn't load and just says "Untitled" and I still can't post.
Thema:

1. Why doesn't MS remove the keep console up to date checkbox or honor it when it is set? - Similar Threads - Why doesn't remove

2. Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox?: Hello, could you help me with why my keyboard doesn't work in sea of thieves on xbox? a7fb3d03-9704-4297-a118-761e51fe8ed9
  3. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  4. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  5. why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?

in XBoX on Windows
    why my Xbox 360 doesn't open in my TV ?: why my Xbox 360 is not opening in my tv ? it's coming black and say go error. go to Xbox. com/support and the on/off botton comme red and the console is very hot....
  6. Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my Series X work at 120fps?: When set for 120fps, the controller continually disconnects it self every 5 or so seconds f5e51840-aa9a-4a45-b1ea-d921f0f3593e
  7. Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox gamepass pc site work in Montenegro at all: Hi, Website for gamepass pc doesn't work in Montenegro, even though it says that it is supported region. It displays error: The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer...
  8. Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't Discord audio on Xbox go through TV speakers?: No sounds from Discord VC is played on TV speakers. The chat overlay shows that sound is being played, and all sound goes through when a headset is attached, but if no headset is attached it just...
  9. Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesn't xbox give us these new features upgrades?: This is a message directly for xbox, why doesn't xbox release an update for us that can allow us to stream straight to YouTube and add the chat on our hud wether streaming to twitch or YouTube. We...
  10. Xbox controller doesn't show up why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't show up why?: I have Xbox series s controller and I want to play with it on pc but whenever I try to connect it doesn't show up. I have gamebird 4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Microsoft please help me. I have windows...