Why does Xbox not provide a shipping box with the appropriate padding for a warranty repair?

Discus and support Why does Xbox not provide a shipping box with the appropriate padding for a warranty repair? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Playstation's repair department sends you a box with padding when performing a warranty repair. It seems that they should pay for the box and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PLOD33, Mar 8, 2023.

1. PLOD33
    PLOD33 Guest

Why does Xbox not provide a shipping box with the appropriate padding for a warranty repair?

Playstation's repair department sends you a box with padding when performing a warranty repair. It seems that they should pay for the box and appropriate shipping packaging for a $500+ device that is broken and under warranty.

:)

PLOD33, Mar 8, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Huh in 20 years I dealt with PlayStation they never sent a box

This includes the limited time PlayStation 3d 27' tv

Ps2 ps3 and ps4

Believe me I wouldve.sent my ps5 for repair due to the reboot of death bug except they dont cover death of accessories due ro system errors or any data recovery costs
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

I couldn’t tell you, but this is the packaging they provide, so this is the packaging they expect you to use. If you feel better, you can add padding yourself. You will not be getting back the same unit you’ll just get a refurbished one off the pile. This is how all major electronics outfits handle replacement these days, no one is doing repair to your specific device

Please make sure to include only the system, and no power cables, no controllers, make sure the disk drive is empty as well please
  4. papercut73 Win User

Xbox Randomly shuts down.

5. Sodangidni Win User

Does anyone know if you can return a faulty Xbox without the original controller?

Hello, Ipeva O. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your inquiry today.

If the faulty device is just your Xbox console, the controller doesn’t need to be sent.

Actually, you may find helpful the following information:

Send only your non-working product. Any other items that you send may not be returned to you. Also, don’t use the original box the product came in for shipping, as the box won’t be returned to you.

Tips:

When sending an accessory such as your Xbox controller to our service center, do not include removable parts. For an Elite controller, this includes D-pads, paddles, and sticks.

For Xbox adaptive controllers, do not send any of the additional accessories.

Additional accessories that should NOT be sent with the Xbox controller, including cables, D-pads, paddles, and sticks.

Provide adequate padding around the product
    Use a sturdy shipping box
    Make sure the product fits snugly in the box
    Write your service request number on the outside of the box

Packing Instructions:

Remove batteries, cables, or any other removable part that’s connected to your accessory.

Obtain a shipping box and bubble wrap. (Don't ship your Xbox in the original box)

Wrap your device with bubble wrap and put the device in the box.

Make sure the accessory fits snugly. Microsoft is not responsible for any shipping damage.

Seal the box with packing tape.
    Write your service request number on the outside of the box.

Ship the package and keep your shipping receipt. You’re responsible for any pick-up charges.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/packing-and-shipping-instructions
  6. Salmoro Win User

Xbox repair

Thema:

1. Why does Xbox not provide a shipping box with the appropriate padding for a warranty repair? - Similar Threads - Why does provide

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  9. Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox Discord stream not pick up my background music?: I usually play games with Spotify or Soundcloud music playing in the background. Lately, I've decided to try streaming, first testing in my own server to see if it works. I realized if I listen...
  10. Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for...: Why does Microsoft not provide any type of customer service? They charge all this money for subscription but make it impossible to access customer service via phone or online chat support....