Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x

Discus and support Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; when playing a game on xbox x I get the message disconnected from xbox live? this is only happening recently. 46277482-812f-41f2-bdc8-a42a08acc070 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SidneyMatthews, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x

when playing a game on xbox x I get the message disconnected from xbox live? this is only happening recently.

:)

SidneyMatthews, Feb 7, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

You will need to determine the error messages you are getting from either the network connection or the multiplayer connection by doing the steps below.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Settings.

Select General.

Select Network.

Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.

On the right side of the Network

Please test both the network connection and the multiplayer connection.

Once you have the error message, if it's a network connection error, kindly choose the one from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...

This will give you a series of steps on how to sort it out.

If it's a multiplayer connection use this link instead, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne....
  3. JJC1982 Win User

Wired Connection - D-LINK D615 - constantly dropping connection

No, it's not the same cable actually... but the same thing happens when using it wirelessly.

Just out of curiosity, what should I change in the router settings to make it wait more time before dropping a connection as a result of considering it dead (since there is no option to make the xbox keep the connection alive)?

Check this article related to the keep connection alive thing:
    www.knowswhy.com/why-does-xbox-live-keep-disconnecting
  4. SplinterCellBMT Win User

Continuous Disconnect from XBox Live when I play / start Battlefield 3

I saw that there is a service alert

Why does it seem to only affect me playing Battlefield3?

I check my connection and it says it is fine...everything is up and running

Why is it when I put Battlefield 3 on and start the game I get a disconnect from EA then an XBox Live disconnect?
  5. izzyshizzie Win User

XBOX LIVE disconnecting

these forums tell you how to connect to xbox live, but I can connect to xbox live, but it just keeps disconnecting. Some times it will disconnect every 10 min and sometimes it will stay connected for 30 min. If I am playing reach online it will disconnect
    and it will disconnect when im not playing games.
  6. iRayDawg Win User

Problem of Xbox Live when I run a game!

When you get disconnected from Xbox Live when playing the demo or new game does it ask you to download and update for that game?
Thema:

1. Why does xbox live keep disconnecting when playing a game on xbox x - Similar Threads - Why does live

2. Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does Xbox store no longer have options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox...: Alpha Skip-ahead member Xbox Insider: Why does Xbox store no longer have 6 months, 3 months, 1 and 2 yearly membership options for Xbox Game Pass (Core, Gold, Live) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?...
  3. I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account or create a new one, why does Xbox have so many issues: I can’t sigh into my Xbox live account and I can’t sigh into my account period, kinda annoying!!!!! 5d16ca68-602a-4116-b587-f8dd7e4d58bc
  4. Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox 360 xbox Live connection test not working for me: I just bought a game for the xbox 360 since it's ending in a year and booted the game up, once I quit the game, it didn't let me connect to xbox Live, it always fails the xbox live connection test...
  5. Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it Kick me from my XboX live party, when I make a Looking For Group (LFG) post?: So for the past 2-3 days, whenever I post a looking for group post in a party, as soon as I go back into the menu using the hone button, the party tab just says "party encountered an error" and I...
  6. Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been...: Why does my mw3 on xbox 360 keeps saying tbe communication with xbox live has been interrupted if I'm actually connected? ba3926af-0fcf-4032-963d-e0e473da5eed
  7. Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my 360 games on Xbox one keep disconnecting me from Xbox live: When play a 360 game online for about 15 minutes on my Xbox one it disconnects from Xbox live f3bd5ab3-f17b-4a07-860e-aff2d2617801
  8. Why does Fifa always jump on xbox live?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Fifa always jump on xbox live?: Everytime i play fifa on xbox live the game jumps constantly like the Internet has gone funny. However every other game works perfectly 5557c132-bc1f-4dc0-9094-2a3c10d8e470
  9. Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my system keep disconnecting from Xbox live every time I load a older game?: I download any older Xbox 360 game and as it load it’s said disconnected from Xbox live. Why? 429fe621-4e08-4362-b586-37a340a5132e
  10. Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can my 360 console use a live gold card if so why does mine not do it it shows my...: Can my 360 console use my gold card membership mine wont give me nothing free or even a game to play free i spent 25 bucks for nothing tell me why plz 5186f875-9de4-4eda-ad36-6e225559eab3