Why does Xbox app messaging glitch out and crashes the app?

Discus and support Why does Xbox app messaging glitch out and crashes the app? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Every time I try to message my friend the app glitches around the fourth line and causes the app to crash and close. Never experienced this before.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by AwesomeSaus8, Nov 17, 2022.

1. AwesomeSaus8
    AwesomeSaus8 Guest

Every time I try to message my friend the app glitches around the fourth line and causes the app to crash and close. Never experienced this before. Tried updating the app and it did not fix the problem.

:)

AwesomeSaus8, Nov 17, 2022
  2. AwesomeSaus8 Win User

I'm experiencing it on android and it seems to only be affecting my messaging with one friend t the moment.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today AWESOMESAUS8

Are you referring to the Xbox mobile app?
    If yes, are you experience this on Android or iOS?
    Is this happening only when you message this specific friend or if you message a different friend something similar happens?
    And, when did you started to experience this problem?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That’s odd, thank you
    In this case the best option is report the problem using the give feedback option inside the app (go to your profile tab > settings > scroll down to the bottom)
  5. CharlesBurch Win User

Unable to access messages on xbox.com and Xbox app

Check the bottom of your message list on your XBox One for a green colored message from Xbox. This is what caused the glitch for me. It took me over 1/2 hour to figure out and how to delete it using SmartGlass on my phone. Now I can access my XBox.com messages
    and My Win10 XBox app does not crash.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Xbox app on iPhone problem

According to users, sometimes the Xbox app can crash due to certain messages in your inbox. ... After deleting
    Xbox Live messages, make sure to log out of the Xbox app. After signing back in, problems with
    the Xbox app should be fixed
Thema:

1. Why does Xbox app messaging glitch out and crashes the app? - Similar Threads - Why does app

2. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  3. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  4. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  5. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  6. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f
  7. What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?: As of the time of this writing I have changed my password hoping that this wouldn't occur again, apparently an app called Rise has been connected to my account for at least 4 times now despite my...
  8. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Split from this thread. Data sheet from manufacturer state 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Second) 5124Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Second)4096 My HDD is formatted as NTFS and I have tried both...
  9. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: I am trying to set up the paddles on my new controller and when I went in the Xbox accessories app it said my Xbox controller was unauthorized idk how to fix it d8d0cc95-4132-44dd-8851-498451323ba3
  10. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Problem I'm trying to use a secondary SSD as my default installation location for my Game Pass games, and the XBOX application will not let me. The error I receive when clicking on "Don't see...