Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

Discus and support Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [img] can anyone help me please, I try to play games on my computer with a controller and when I push my thumb stick down it pulls up this keyboard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew Zepeda1, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller? [​IMG]
    can anyone help me

please, I try to play games on my computer with a controller and when I push my thumb stick down it pulls up this keyboard and I can’t find where it comes from

* Moved from Community Center

:)

Andrew Zepeda1, Jun 5, 2023
  2. RM 7777777777777 Win User

Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller?

The problem you guys are having is with steam. There is a great thread if you search for left controller on screen keyboard. If steam is running, it will do this even in non- Steam games.
  3. harmen ghys Win User

dear, i seem to have the same issue as many others would. i am using an xbox one s controller and have the issues on many games. some are on microsoft, some are on ubisoft. yet on steam it does not happen. please come back to me.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  5. Maxkarlen Win User

I believe I found how to fix it, go open steam, hover the mouse button on the top left where it says "steam" until you see the little menu pop up (Might have to click it).

Go to settings, scroll down until you find "Controller", click that, then from there scroll down until you find "Desktop Layout", click on edit, disable Steam Input, this worked for me.
  6. Ariana Sullivan Win User

You are correct. After many troubleshooting fails, it was a Steam issue. For anyone else with this problem, search for the issue with Steam and follow the steps. I'm no longer having this issue.
Thema:

1. Why does this keyboard pop up when I push the left thumb stick on my Xbox controller? - Similar Threads - Why does keyboard

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  4. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  5. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  6. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  7. Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does it take a moment for one of my keyboard keys to stop registering after I release it?: I just got a new pc about 2 months ago. I have had this keyboard since my old pc and it is a Ducky One 2 Mini. Basically what has been happening is if im playing a game and let’s say im holding...
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. Why is my cursor on keyboard and mouse on roblox in xbox does not lock on the center

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my cursor on keyboard and mouse on roblox in xbox does not lock on the center: Hi Xbox, i want to report a problem on my xbox, when im playing roblox with my keyboard and mouse plugged in, the problem is when im playing like shooter games on roblox the mouse cursor is not...
  10. why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does my keyboard randomly stop working mid game?: for some reason for the last few days my keyboard will randomly stop working 5 minutes after I just started playing, when I unplug my keyboard and plug it back in it works again for another 5...