WHY does the XBOX say it needs to reinstall a game after I've only played it AN HOUR

Discus and support WHY does the XBOX say it needs to reinstall a game after I've only played it AN HOUR in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought a new XBOX One S. I thought "cool, this will be great and fun!" WELL WRONG. On MONDAY I booted it up for the first time. I spent over... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by raycracthesky, Dec 1, 2016.

1. WHY does the XBOX say it needs to reinstall a game after I've only played it AN HOUR

I recently bought a new XBOX One S. I thought "cool, this will be great and fun!" WELL WRONG. On MONDAY I booted it up for the first time. I spent over a day downloading specific updates. Sure, whatever, but here's where the "fun begins." I install three
    games via DISK. They ALL say "needs updates" so I go "okay sure I'll download some updates" and I proceed to wait three to four days to download GIGABYTES of data. Crazy, right? I KNOW I think so too!

BUT! WOW FINALLY a **** game actually downloads completely! It's Gears of War: Ultimate Edition! Woohoo! Right? Well... wrong

It's finally, after almost 5 days of downloading "ready" to "play." So, I launch it.

I kid you not, I play for about an hour. That's it. AN HOUR. The system crashes, freezes, whatever, I can't play anymore. I restart.

Re-insert the disk to expect an immediate game launch because I've already downloaded all the content. WELP, GUESS WHAT. THIS **** XBOX TELLS ME IT NEEDS TO NOT ONLY REINSTALL THE ENTIRE 39GB GAME BUT ALSO THE 5GB WEB DOWNLOAD THAT'S ALREADY **** ON THE
    SYSTEM! I CAN SEE IT! RIGHT THERE! IN THE 'USED DATA' SECTION!

Now I have to wait for the entire game to redownload. I PLAYED IT ONCE!

SOMEONE TALK ME DOWN OR ELSE MICROSOFT IS GETTING A VERY ANGRY PHONE CALL TOMORROW.

:)

raycracthesky, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Morto Matrix
    Morto Matrix Guest
    My games freeze up.

Say im playing a game like skyrim or battlefield 3.

After about 1 hour,1 hour and 30 mins into the game...It just suddenly freezes. Is it overheating? Or does it need a clean? Can someone tell me?.

Morto Matrix, Dec 1, 2016
  3. Bufger
    Bufger Guest
    Beta Error!

keep trying to get into games, no need to reinstall. Some say it can be solved by clearing your cache on the xbox. Most people just end up mashing the A button for half an hour until they get in a game.

It will only get worse today now the beta is open to all, the servers are likely to strain. I'm personally waiting it out a couple of days

Bufger, Dec 1, 2016
  4. devGOD Win User

Calling It Quits After 12 Years of Owning an Xbox

I thought this guy was leaving after 12yrs. Why does your xbox gamertag status say... Last seen 3 hours ago playing Xbox One
  5. ZombieOrbit44 Win User

Psychonauts Update Broke the Game?

I don't understand why we'd need to do that. They update just like any normal Xbox One game does. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I've already tried deleting and reinstalling the game and the problem still persists.
  6. ChristopheStapinsky Win User

Any reason people can message you "Hang yourself" and not get banned?

It's usually immediate. When I report someone messaging me to end my life, I get a message from Xbox literally 3 seconds after reporting, saying action has been taken. I've reported him 24 hours ago and I haven't received a peep. I doubt I'm the only only reporting too, since he was so toxic in-game and message a lot of people. Does it depend on the method to perform the act the person suggests? Why is it so inconsistent?
  7. IxTOXICxANGELxI Win User

Textures Issues on Xbox Series S

I've dealt with this issue for months, I've even gone as far as getting a new series S and the problem happened on it as well within a few hours of playing with cod being the only game installed. I've done everything from factory reset to deleting data to hard reboots. Treyarch says it's an Xbox issue, Xbox says it's a Treyarch issue. It's **** mental how much noone will take ownership of it and fix the **** game. It's literally unplayable. Even more so something seriously has to be **** up for both versions of the game to not work. I've tried only having certain files downloaded, I've tried moving it back and forth and redownloading and trying with a silver profile after reinstalling and removing my profile. Nothing I repeat absolutely nothing fixes this. And this seems to be the only help section posting about this issue. No info on Reddit or anywhere else about how to fix or what is causing this. I saw that someone even bought 3 series S consoles just to have it happen to all 3 of them. Treyarch or Microsoft needs to fix this now.
  8. ZOMBIE CERBERUS Win User

Starfield

Same issue. I've been waiting 3 and half hours and I'm still unable to play. Still saus I'm too early. I've even uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, hard reset my Xbox, power cycled it and nothing has worked. This is my only day off before the global launch which is why I paid for the early access and I can't even play it
Thema:

WHY does the XBOX say it needs to reinstall a game after I've only played it AN HOUR

1. WHY does the XBOX say it needs to reinstall a game after I've only played it AN HOUR - Similar Threads - WHY does needs

2. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  3. Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it keep showing that my discord account needs to be relinked with my xbox even...: It’s just making me do the same thing over and over with no outcome leading towards me using discord on my xbox again. 8aa145d5-0cd1-45c1-80bb-4c7314a33051
  4. Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does mk11 ultimate need a 2nd disk when there is no 2nd disk: I downloaded mk11 ultimate edition off my disk and it woked perfectly and deleted it and redownloaded it with the same disk and now its saying it needs a 2nd disk and is only giving me the basic...
  5. Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox need to be signed in when I logout email everywhere: I'm only asking because outlook specifically says "logging out everywhere does NOT affect Xbox" So why does my Xbox ask me to go to Microsoft.com/link every time?...
  6. Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on...: WhereWhy does my xbox say I need game pass to play battlefield 2042? I bought the game on release pr order so... what? Where is my game Microsoft? Why am I being asked to pay for game pass to play...
  7. Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?: I was recently gifted 3 months of GamePass Core and tried to play games such as Dead by Daylight, a very popular GamePass Core/GamePass Ultimate required game on Xbox, and it has continuously told...
  8. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  9. Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my console keep saying “the person who bought this needs to sign in” even though...: I’m at college trying to set up my Xbox in the dorm and it said my internet connection was fine, and I’m signed in, but when I try to start any game it just says that the person who bought it...
  10. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0