Why does the Xbox app not work on windows 10s anymore ?

Discus and support Why does the Xbox app not work on windows 10s anymore ? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've had my laptop for about three years now and it came with a free 1 month Xbox pc membership. the laptop i have is an Lenovo Ideapad 3 i5 and it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by shelby prince, May 27, 2023.

1. Why does the Xbox app not work on windows 10s anymore ?

I've had my laptop for about three years now and it came with a free 1 month Xbox pc membership. the laptop i have is an Lenovo Ideapad 3 i5 and it come with windows 10s already on it. i had not prier problems with the app but now. I precisely got this laptop for schoolwork and that it came with the Xbox game pass. I i updated the app since it said it need to updated and i tried to open it and it just closed so i went to the Microsoft app store and it said the Xbox app no longer works on windows 10 s mode anymore. which is weird because it was advertised as such. I would like to know when this was put in to affect and why. i know i could switch to regular windows 10 but i bought the laptop for windows 10 s mode. if anybody knows why please let me know

:)

shelby prince, May 27, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

as mode is a secure mode for windows to run in that is mostly intended for installations at educational institutions and such. You can take it out of S mode as this belongs to you.

Based on my research this happens because some aspect of your system is not up-to-date, please run windows update and also check the windows store for individual module updates
  3. Tamas Bodo Win User

This problem is plaguing my PC as well. No amount of updates and app reinstalls has done anything to fix the problem. My OS in completely up to date, so are my apps and so are my hardware drivers, yet I cannot use the Xbox app. If anyone has a real fix, please reply.
  4. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Shelby!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

To answer your inquiry, the Xbox app should still work on your Windows PC. In order to fix this, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Kindly make sure that your Windows, Device Drivers and Xbox gaming services are all up to date, here's how:

For Windows:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.

On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.

On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available for your device.

Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.

Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.

For Device Drivers:

For the best game performance, make sure your system’s video card drivers (or display adapter drivers) are up to date. Drivers are available on the support website for your computer manufacturer, or if your computer system is custom built, on the video card manufacturer’s support website. Updating video card drivers can resolve game crashes, improve frame rates, and improve overall game performance.

For Xbox gaming Services:

Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.

Select Library.

Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.

Once you're done, check if you will be able to install/launch the Xbox app properly.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  5. Alex Beltran1 Win User

Xbox Console Companion says I need to update my app or console to stream, but both are up to date???

Dont use the companion app anymore. Use the xbox app built with windows 10. I just tried it and it works great
  6. MB5656 Win User

Xbox app does not open in continnum for phones

why can't the Xbox s app work in continuum mode for windows phone? The app is grayed out and does not go into an desktop version of the app. Why does the Xbox app not work but Instagram, edge, photos, Groove music, and other apps work?
Thema:

1. Why does the Xbox app not work on windows 10s anymore ? - Similar Threads - Why does app

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  6. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  7. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f
  8. What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?: As of the time of this writing I have changed my password hoping that this wouldn't occur again, apparently an app called Rise has been connected to my account for at least 4 times now despite my...
  9. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Split from this thread. Data sheet from manufacturer state 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Second) 5124Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Second)4096 My HDD is formatted as NTFS and I have tried both...
  10. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: I am trying to set up the paddles on my new controller and when I went in the Xbox accessories app it said my Xbox controller was unauthorized idk how to fix it d8d0cc95-4132-44dd-8851-498451323ba3