Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...

Discus and support Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Like the title says, the Xbox app on Windows 10 keeps reinstalling my games, claiming that the "folder location was moved". This error has already... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NatasHastings, Jul 15, 2022.

1. Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...

Like the title says, the Xbox app on Windows 10 keeps reinstalling my games, claiming that the "folder location was moved". This error has already killed my 8TB HDD, and I can't find a working fix anywhere.

Reinstalling the games is a problem enough, but my internet is fast enough, surely I can still play them here and there. Actually, no. Like I said in the title, I have the saves for the game, I copied them to the desktop just in case the reinstall deleted them (it didn't), but the game will not give me an opportunity to load these saves. This is the third time this has happened, and I'm not restarting the game again.

This has happened to other games as well, and I'm about to just give up on gaming altogether.

If anybody has some useful advice, I'd appreciate it, because I've scoured page after page in my search engine, and have yet to find a fix that works.

:)

NatasHastings, Jul 15, 2022
  2. NatasHastings Win User

Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my existing saves after said reinstall?

So, that didn't work. Still getting error 0x80070020 for literally no reason, and it's still reinstalling my games for no reason.
  3. NatasHastings Win User

Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my existing saves after said reinstall?

The location for installed content is my F drive (it's an 8 TB drive that replaced the one mentioned in the post). I have previously tried the fix you've mentioned, as well as reinstalling gaming services via Powershell, and the usual cache deletions and service restarts that come with these sort of software issues.

Neither 8 TB drives are/were external, both are/were internal HDDs directly connected to my motherboard's SATA ports. They're both NTFS, and SMART reporting is clean on the current drive (I just bought it a week ago).
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That's really strange, is not normal

Let's try this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Now, sign out from your account on both Xbox app and Microsoft Store and do this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset

Finally do this:

Step 1: Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R key.

Step 2: Input WSReset.exe in the Run window and click OK.

Step 3: Then a command prompt window will appear. After a few seconds, Windows Store will open.

Sign in again on both Microsoft store and Xbox app with your account and give it a new try

If that doesn't work proceed with this:

Right-click the Windows Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following commands and press Enter:

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

Restart your device.

Start the Xbox application. You should see a blue banner with the following message: "This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services.

Once gaming service is installed again, give it a new try.
  5. NatasHastings Win User

Error appears once game is installed and is launched a 2nd time. Works fine the first launch after install, but always errors out on the 2nd launch.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That error appears when you try installing the game?
    Or as soon as the game is installed and you want to open it?
Thema:

Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my...

1. Why does the Xbox app keep reinstalling my games, and why can't I get Rage 2 to read my... - Similar Threads - Why does app

2. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  3. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  4. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  5. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  6. Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app keep downloading a game when I never gave it permission to do so?: About every week for the past month, the Xbox app on my PC will download the game "Wartales" and I'll see it in my library with the message "Just installed!". The thing is, I have never initiated...
  7. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: i purchased a VX Gaming wireless controller. the box says its recommend for xbox s . when i connected the controller an error appears b03a0d38-8c61-4b4d-9d65-e77b16ebbd1f
  8. What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What is Rise? Why does this app keep on being connected to my account?: As of the time of this writing I have changed my password hoping that this wouldn't occur again, apparently an app called Rise has been connected to my account for at least 4 times now despite my...
  9. Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does XBOX App on PC require 4k cluster size?: Split from this thread. Data sheet from manufacturer state 512e Sector Size (Bytes per Second) 5124Kn Sector Size (Bytes per Second)4096 My HDD is formatted as NTFS and I have tried both...
  10. Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox say unauthorized controller in the Xbox accessories app: I am trying to set up the paddles on my new controller and when I went in the Xbox accessories app it said my Xbox controller was unauthorized idk how to fix it d8d0cc95-4132-44dd-8851-498451323ba3