Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

Discus and support Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by haltrman93, Jun 19, 2024.

1. haltrman93
    haltrman93 Guest

Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case.

1) I open up the Xbox program, go to Settings -> Audio, and receive an error: "Game Bar is needed for voice chat." Why I need a completely separately program (that closes when you click your mouse outside of it), I have no idea.

2) I reset/repair the Xbox program. It finally gets rid of the error from #1. I go to Settings -> Audio, select my Solid State Logic SSL 2+ as the input and studio monitors as my output. I join a friend's party chat? I can't hear or say anything. Even setting the push-to-talk button only works half of the time; I have to spam several different keys before anything pops up next to the Edit/Save field.

Am I stuck using Xbox Game Bar? There is no way I should have to use a program where I can't even set push-to-talk to a mouse button nor use the chat unless the window is open, pinned, and I'm clicking on it (which utterly defeats the purpose of it being a "game" bar).

I just restarted my computer and my audio drivers are up-to-date. I also updated the standalone Xbox program, so please refrain from recommending that as generic troubleshooting.

EDIT: now, when I join a party chat, it shows everyone as "Disconnected" for 10-15 seconds before I can hear (if the audio even works at all).

:)

haltrman93, Jun 19, 2024
  2. Radiant Sword X Win User

I was banned from voice chat?

This is not about the forums. It's the voice chat. When I tried to join voice chat in Game Bar, it closes. When I tried to join voice chat from my Xbox App mobile, it reveals an error.
  3. MaeMagz Win User

No Game Audio through Headset/Earphones After Controller Update

Try opening your Xbox menu by pressing the home button on your controller, then clicking "audio". There should be a volume bar for game vs voice chat below the regular audio bar. Moving this bar to the right makes the game louder and voice chat quieter,
    moving it to the left makes voice chat louder and the game quieter. Hope this helps!
  4. misfitzgsx Win User

Party Chat Issues

Forgot to add almost everyone i game with are in the prievew program, though some are not.

This does not effect the part chat working for me or voice messages sent to me.
  5. ExploitedZebra Win User

NetFlix - Using Voice Support

This is driving me crazy. I've now spoken made a support thread to XBox, who tell me I need to talk to Neflix.

Netflix tell me they do not support voice support, and any voice functions are provided by Xbox themselves so I need to talk to XBox.

Why on earth am I getting a totally different experience to everyone else?
  6. xDevilxGirlx421 Win User

Issue with game invites on PC

Hi,

So you can start a Voice Chat with another player, and then add other people to that voice chat (or they can join in). Starting a Voice Chat with someone on Windows 10 via the Game Bar is a One-to-one to start, and you can't just start
    an "empty" party as you can on Console unless you use the Console Companion app.

This page has a few
    more details on the Game Bar, but additionally I believe you can still use the Xbox Console Companion App to start a party as well in the more traditional manner.
Thema:

1. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat? - Similar Threads - Why does standalone

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  7. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  8. Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my youtube app keep glitching when playing videos but not commercials?: My youtube keeps freezing but all my other apps and games are running just fine. I've cleared the saved date. There are no updates. And there are no updates needed for my Xbox....
  9. Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox freeze after installing a game?: I have an Xbox One S and I downloaded a game yesterday. It was queued up for installation before I turned off the Xbox. Now, when I try to start anything, an error pops up saying the app was...
  10. Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the xbox web browser suck so god damn bad?: I literally cant watch a 20 minute video without it constantly crashing and having to refresh ***Move from Microsoft Edge / Audio and video playback / Windows 10 ***...