why does the share button record a 7 second clip instead of a screenshot

Discus and support why does the share button record a 7 second clip instead of a screenshot in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Since I bought my console the share button has taken a screenshot when clicked in game. Now when I click the share button it records a 7 second clip. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jesse Jacobs, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Jesse Jacobs
    Jesse Jacobs Guest

Since I bought my console the share button has taken a screenshot when clicked in game. Now when I click the share button it records a 7 second clip. I have looked through the setting menu and cannot seem to change this back as it is already set to take a screenshot, not record a clip. I don't want a 7 second clip as I often save the screenshots to my phone in order to text them to friends who play the same game on a different platform. Did I change a setting by mistake or is this another example of Microsoft fixing something that isn't broken?

i am currently playing on xbox series s.

:)

Jesse Jacobs, Jan 28, 2023
  2. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox Capture: Only recording the first 5 seconds

Hi,

So recently when I record a clip (30 seconds 1080p), it will usually record only the first 5-7 seconds of the clip. I am not low on my storage for clips or for my Xbox One X in general. I've been playing Gears 5 and want to record a highlight but its frustrating
    when only a few seconds record. I've reset my Xbox already, ideas?
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/friends-social-activity/share-socialize/capture-game-clips-and-screenshots
  3. KonstPlay Win User

4K video capture on Xbox one X fails

A couple of days ago when I was trying to record 4k, Xbox recorded the clip, but when I wanted to watch it the clip was ruined. Clip was 30 seconds and first 2 seconds there was motion and after 28 seconds it was static screenshot.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Xbox One Screenshots

Yep,just double tap the guide button on your controller & you get the option to either take a screenshot or record a 30 second clip.

This will be slightly different when the next update rolls out to everyone.

You can then share it in your activity feed or send it in a message to any of your friends.
  5. Diego Andrés Salgad Win User

Sorry, this can't be shared because we don't recognize this game. Windows 10 DVR

This also happened to me, seconds ago. I can share clips, but I can't share screenshots. Clips are recognized as belonging to Just Cause 3, but screenshots show as "unknown".
  6. Francia J. Win User

Xbox Series X|S Controller Share Button Help

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

In a game:

A single press of the Share button takes a screenshot

Press and hold makes a game clip of what just happened

You can also check if your share button is set to Record what happened instead of just a screenshot. This can be done by going to Xbox Accessories App.

Here you go: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
Thema:

1. why does the share button record a 7 second clip instead of a screenshot - Similar Threads - why does share

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  8. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  9. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  10. Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why Does it Say "Share" Instead of Install on my Microsoft and Xbox websites?: Just bought a 100$ Pro Controller and not only is it hard to find but when I finally found a so called app that accompanied this Controller there isn't even an option to install it. Look, I get...