Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things?

Discus and support Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I don't get to play very often, but when i do i want something to actually work. I leave my system to do all of it updates, and yet when I'm trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaymionHaggard, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things?

I don't get to play very often, but when i do i want something to actually work. I leave my system to do all of it updates, and yet when I'm trying to play a game like call of duty it randomly will not launch. I keep getting tossed to the main screen. I had to wait 12 hours for some unknown thing to happen where the call of duty games both (black ops and warzone )game magically started working. To top it all off today, i tried to play, and my controller battery died. I replaced the battery, and now my controller won't pair. I have tried everything to get these to pair including plugging the controller directly into the system. So, i ask again why is the series X so much worse than the xbox one with basic things? I should not have to spend an hour to get a controller working especially when it is directly connected. I dont think I've ever had so many issues with an xbox in the 16 years I've owned xbox consoles... I might as well go back to my one, which is sad.

:)

DaymionHaggard, Feb 14, 2021
  2. misofiso Win User

Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

Hello ,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with experiencing issues with Minecraft. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.
    It's possible that there may have been a mix-up with the installation process, which is causing the game to not appear on your desktop or to open the wrong version of the game.

To fix this issue, please try the following steps:
    - Try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. This should ensure that you have the correct version of the game installed on your device.

- Create a new shortcut for the Java Edition of Minecraft on your desktop. You can do this by right-clicking on the game icon in the launcher, choosing Create shortcut, and selecting Desktop as the location.

- Change the default app for opening the Java Edition of Minecraft. You can do this by right-clicking on the game icon on your desktop, choosing Open with > Choose another app, selecting Minecraft Launcher as the app, and checking the box that says Always use this app to open .jar files.

After following these steps, you should be able to launch Minecraft: Java Edition from your desktop without any problems. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Belen T.C.

Microsoft Community Moderator
    Hello, thank you so much for the reply. I don't know If I'm just slow but I couldn't fix anything.

I did reinstall Minecraft from the Microsoft store, after Minecraft Launcher opened I checked the installations windows (attached image below).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for creating the shortcut for the Java Edition of Minecraft, I did as you said (right click the game icon in Launcher) but nothing happened.

Would you mind informing me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you so much for your time!
  3. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Misofiso,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,

4. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Misofiso,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with experiencing issues with Minecraft. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.
    It's possible that there may have been a mix-up with the installation process, which is causing the game to not appear on your desktop or to open the wrong version of the game.

To fix this issue, please try the following steps:
    - Try uninstalling and reinstalling Minecraft from the Microsoft Store. This should ensure that you have the correct version of the game installed on your device.

- Create a new shortcut for the Java Edition of Minecraft on your desktop. You can do this by right-clicking on the game icon in the launcher, choosing Create shortcut, and selecting Desktop as the location.

- Change the default app for opening the Java Edition of Minecraft. You can do this by right-clicking on the game icon on your desktop, choosing Open with > Choose another app, selecting Minecraft Launcher as the app, and checking the box that says Always use this app to open .jar files.

After following these steps, you should be able to launch Minecraft: Java Edition from your desktop without any problems. If you still encounter any issues, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

5. Belen T.C. Win User

Hello Misofiso,

Thank you for responding and I appreciate your cooperation. Let's try other troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

To install Minecraft Java Edition, go to the Minecraft download page and download the game client. You can download the game client even if you don't own the game, but you will only be able to play the Minecraft Demo Mode. After downloading the client, double-click the shortcut icon to run it.

For more details, you can also check this link: Minecraft: Java Edition Installation Issues FAQ | Minecraft Help

We hope this helps and that you can enjoy playing with your Minecraft game. If you have any other questions or feedback, please let us know.

Sincerely,

6. Tezzerrific Win User

MW2 crossgen bubdle

series x has disc drive and the series s does not

smart delivery is so it downloads the content for the specific console

hence why the game case has series x and xbox one advertised on it. the disc can be used in series x and xbox one consoles, the series s does not have a drive therefore requires digital purchase.
Thema:

Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things?

1. Why does the series X have so many problems with simple things? - Similar Threads - Why does series

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  4. Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Microsoft false advertise the Xbox series s?: Why was the series s advertised with 512GB when in reality 112 of the 512 is used for god knows what and you don’t get a choice in that. But when you turn on the console and go into storage that’s...
  5. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  6. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  7. why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series x controller keep disconnected: my xbox series x controller keeps disconnecting i changed the batteries i couldnt resync the controller until i turned off the power supply but took about 2 minutes and the controller again...
  8. Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series x/s wireless controller disconnect when my Xbox one disconnects...: When I came back home as I brought my Xbox to my friends house, it always disconnects from the WiFi and I don't know why. When it disconnected, my controller also disconnected....
  9. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  10. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...