Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...

Discus and support Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Minecraft java edition for Windows 10 a while ago. I stopped playing for a few months and when I came back, the main screen told me to buy... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nathan Chau, May 27, 2023.

1. Nathan Chau
    Nathan Chau Guest

Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already...

I bought Minecraft java edition for Windows 10 a while ago. I stopped playing for a few months and when I came back, the main screen told me to buy Minecraft java edition again. I have migrated my Mojang account to a Microsoft one and am currently using my Microsoft account in the Minecraft launcher. How do I get my Minecraft back without having to buy it again?

:)

Nathan Chau, May 27, 2023
  2. soxfan014 Win User

Minecraft will not open via launcher, only through microsoft store.

Hello mimim2,

The Minecraft launcher you are referring to is only for the Java edition of Minecraft. The Java edition and Windows 10, are two separate games. In order to launch and play Minecraft from the launcher you are using in the last image, you must buy the Java
    edition from the site, not the Windows 10 version. Minecraft Java Edition | Minecraft. Annoying I know, but when Microsoft acquired Minecraft they released
    their own version of the game on their platform. Hope this helps

-
  3. Phoenixblue022 Win User

Cant play Minecraft after account migration

When I click buy from the Minecraft launcher it takes me to this website https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition?ref=Launcher I'm not logged in and it has the option to purchase Minecraft but after logging in to the that website with same Microsoft account that I had logged into the Minecraft launcher with the purchase option is replaced with Already own Minecraft? Download it again. and the launcher download button.
  4. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft

are you playing minecraft java edition or bedrock, as java i think does not use your gamertag. as you mentioned the minecraft launcher.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Minecraft bundle pack not working So when I bought Minecraft bundle that says that is comes with minecraft bedrock and java I bought it and I only got bedrock.

Hi Karthi9863, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that Minecraft for Windows + Launcher only includes the base game for Minecraft for Windows and then the launcher but it does not include Minecraft Java Edition. You may need to buy the game individually on the Mojang website.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Mojang Account Migration

Not sure why your Java username is showing as already taken, but since the Minecraft website shows that you own Java, this is probably just an issue with the Launcher syncing data.

Would you please try to reinstall Minecraft Java and the Minecraft Launcher too?
Thema:

1. Why does the minecraft launcher tell me to buy minecraft java edition despite already... - Similar Threads - Why does minecraft

2. why does my minecraft keep failing to load

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my minecraft keep failing to load: Basically when i try to play minecraft by opening the launcher and pressing play it says: Unable to start Java. Error details: No applicable app licenses found. Filename on disk: javaw.exe Path:...
  3. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  4. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  5. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  6. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  7. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  8. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  9. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  10. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...