Why does the Minecraft launcher need wifi???

Discus and support Why does the Minecraft launcher need wifi??? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I was playing overwatch and then poof my wifi goes out and I was like aaaa there was maintenance on the wifi today so I was like whatever I’ll play... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OttoEek Holter, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Why does the Minecraft launcher need wifi???

So I was playing overwatch and then poof my wifi goes out and I was like aaaa there was maintenance on the wifi today so I was like whatever I’ll play Minecraft while I wait. I open the launcher and see that I’m logged out I click on my account but ofc you need wifi to be logged in with Xbox/Microsoft so I can’t log in. And it’s not like I was logged out because I hadn’t played in a long time I literally closed it right before opening overwatch. So why does the launcher need wifi when single player is a thing and offline mode has been an available in Minecraft, so why take it away??

:)

OttoEek Holter, Jan 16, 2023
  2. VoicedMarrow763 Win User

Minecraft Apple TV Edition freezes or crashes on startup screens (Apple TV 4K)

So for now, I know Minecraft works with the WIFI of my iPhone, but I do not know why it does not work on my home WiFi.
    Same thing for me : Minecraft works with wifi on iPhone, not via home wifi. I can't find why!
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Get your act together.

why use the launcher, i use minecraft direct without the launcher, you have the option to install minecraft with or without launcher in the xbox app.
  4. BlearChain04935 Win User

Minecraft Apple TV Edition freezes or crashes on startup screens (Apple TV 4K)

Same issue for me.

A few precisions : My Apple TV is normally connected to the internet by WIFI at home. I noticed that if I generate a WIFI via my Iphone, Minecraft works perfectly. I then turned off the firewall of my home WIFI to see if it was blocking
    Minecraft, but without success ...

So for now, I know Minecraft works with the WIFI of my iPhone, but I do not know why it does not work on my home WiFi.

Any idea?
  5. TheLineDivides Win User

Xbox is garbage

Why does not a single microsoft game able to be played offline? Forza needs wifi even [mod removed] minecraft needs [mod removed] wifi to play only games i can play are peggle or gta ive beat gta 4 times im not playing it again this [mod removed]
    is so annoying.
    don't bite that the hand that feeds you gaming Sir
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Owned Minecraft since it was in Beta testing now I have to pay monthly to play my game??

Hi AndreaSteinbach! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

This links contains the needed information about all question with the new launcher

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

In regards of the payment part

If I already own one or more of the games on the Microsoft Store, can I use the new Launcher?

Yes! It’s been designed to consolidate all your existing and future Minecraft games in one place. Just click on the link above to download the new Launcher and get mining.

Is the Minecraft Launcher for Windows free?

The launcher itself is free, but you will need to purchase the games individually in order to play them.

Does the Minecraft Launcher for Windows automatically give me access to all games?

No, you still need to purchase each game individually. You can also subscribe to Xbox Game Pass for PC or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to gain access to Minecraft: Java Edition, Minecraft for Windows(Bedrock Edition), and Minecraft Dungeons.
Thema:

Why does the Minecraft launcher need wifi???

1. Why does the Minecraft launcher need wifi??? - Similar Threads - Why does Minecraft

2. why does my minecraft keep failing to load

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my minecraft keep failing to load: Basically when i try to play minecraft by opening the launcher and pressing play it says: Unable to start Java. Error details: No applicable app licenses found. Filename on disk: javaw.exe Path:...
  3. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  4. Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Microsoft forbid us from playing Minecraft Java Edition with our kids now?: I've been playing Minecraft with my kids for 15 years and our youngest is starting to get into it now too. So, I created a Microsoft account for her (cause that's mandatory now) and bought her...
  5. Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft (PE Edition) Not allow me to use Classic skins?: I wanted to return to Minecraft but when I opened the app the game didn't load in my custom classic skin, and instead showed a premade default skin. I've tried multiple things; deleting and...
  6. Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it say my microsoft account doesnt exist but it still exist because my minecraft...: Please, i really need help with this problem, im freaked out f9f73ff6-5331-413f-a7f6-ca29855b8389
  7. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  8. Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does Microsoft not let you transfer your Minecraft worlds to your own account from a...: Me and a lot of other people are mad because of the fact that Microsoft won't let you transfer worlds between Minecraft and their trying to get a lot of Xbox users to buy the game, I have a little...
  9. Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my minecraft world still say that im out of data storage ?: For context: My minecraft world on my xbox one s has an issue it says that im out of data storage but i tried deleting save files, clearing local games, reseting my xbox and deleting worlds and...
  10. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...