Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper

Discus and support Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It has broken 5 times and i am over it.. . 483ba08f-3313-4d14-8050-c9eae3e2a5e6 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xtianus, Dec 16, 2018.

1. xtianus
    xtianus Guest

It has broken 5 times and i am over it.. .

:)

xtianus, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

I have two, on average they get used fo 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have had one for 24 months the other for 18 months, neither have any issues and I am rather large in hands and can firmly apply pressure. I clean them (using domestic anti bacterial
    wipes) every day, have never abused them. As with all my controllers, I look after them don't drop or chuck them down and not one has ever broken on me.
  3. ZombieJesterCOE Win User

Just curious, how often is the bumper breaking? Is it due to heavy use?

Check out the link our great mod provided for you.
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

5. XBF George L Win User

Hello xtianus!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention here on the forums. I understand you're having trouble with an Xbox One Wireless Elite Controller is that correct? You may want to take a look at this helpful support article:

Servicing your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Let us know with a reply how it goes!
  6. xtianus Win User

What link? And no not 5xs due to heavy usage
Thema:

1. Why does the elite controller keep breaking... specifically the left bumper - Similar Threads - Why does elite

2. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  3. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  4. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  5. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. Why does my Elite series 2 controller disconnects from xbox series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Elite series 2 controller disconnects from xbox series s: If anyone can help me that would be awesome unfortunately I will be working the next 3 days so I'll check back on Sunday if anyone can help! 2f6d9e26-937e-40a7-a531-1e63042c5974
  8. Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox elite 2 controller buttons not work?: So, when i try to play with it only the sticks work, and the home button does not work, i don't know how this happened and this is making my whole Xbox gaming experience not so good, so can...
  9. Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing R3 to the upper left on Xbox Elite Series 2 shut down the controller?: Yesterday I played some Halo Infinite Matches and noticed that my controller turned itself off. First I thought it was the battery so i charged it and today I recognized the issue occurs when I...
  10. Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite series 2 controller suddenly and randomly change direction: I bought a new Elite Series 2 Controller direct from Microsoft less than a month ago. With it I've put in over 200 hours into Starfield as well as a few hours into other games I play with my...