Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port

Discus and support Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I connect my Series X to my router with an Ethernet cable, it drops connection, I do not have this problem playing over WiFi. I have tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanglingChad, May 18, 2024.

1. DanglingChad
    DanglingChad Guest

When I connect my Series X to my router with an Ethernet cable, it drops connection, I do not have this problem playing over WiFi. I have tried multiple cables, purchased a new Cat6 cable and I get the same results. It will just lose connection.

:)

DanglingChad, May 18, 2024
  2. Zahir_Ramathula Win User

My Xbox One keeps having trouble connecting to the internet even though my internet is working perfectly fine and can connect to other devices in my household with no issues?

I would highly reccomend using a ethernet cable directly from the lan port of the xbox into the lan port of the router. If the console is far away from the router, then you can experience network drops or slow speeds. A ethernet connection will be the strongest
  3. CruelCrazycoop Win User

32 hours later and XBL is still *** up

ok so does anyone know why my xbox 360 s cant connect to live using wifi but the one that has an Ethernet cord can?? and no its not a moden, ip, or port forwarding problem
  4. Craigimuss Win User

Constant Xbox Live Disconnects (within seconds of signing in)

Wireless is working fine. However I get signal drop in my area which is why I paid for a phone line to be connected to my room. I have tried an alternate, new ethernet cable and it was worse, it would barely let me connect at all; I even got very frequent
    error messages. If I look at available networks on the xbox when the ethernet cable is in the wired box will keep un-ticking and re-ticking constantly. When un-ticked it will give me an xbox message stating to connect an ethernet to use wired; as if there
    were no cable at all. I'm starting to think that the console has a faulty ethernet port.
  5. taidara Win User

Can't Connect To Xbox Live

Where does the Ethernet cable, that goes from the WAN port of the Netgear router, connects to?
  6. scarletngray27 Win User

xbox live randomnly disconnecting

Ok so I think I finally figured it out. I disconnected the Ethernet cable and connected thru WiFi and i had no connection drops. Since I have tried multiple Ethernet cords it has to be the Ethernet port/chip. So my next question would be is that replaceable?
    Or am I stuck playing wireless?
Thema:

1. Why does the connection drop using Ethernet port - Similar Threads - Why does connection

2. I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to...: I have IPv6 enabled on my router and coverage in my area. Why does my Xbox only connect to IPv4? My "Current network status" on my Xbox: Wired IPv4 NAT Type: Open All services are available...
  3. Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my game have internet connection but says that the Xbox live core services is...: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** c44a4a17-ad3e-499f-9b92-315fa79d69e5
  4. Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series X randomly disconnect from my wireless internet connection?: I dont know how to fix this issue and tried many of the troubleshooting tips but when on my xbox series X sometimes randomly it will completely disconnect from my wireless internet connection and...
  5. Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox usually take 5 minutes to connect to WiFi: My Xbox takes 10-30 minutes to connect to the internet. All other devices in the house are connected to the same WiFi and working. But everytime I get on my Xbox it can’t connect to the internet....
  6. Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Window 11 Bluetooth on PC keep saying failed to connect to my Xbox Elite...: Hello, I recently made the switch from Xbox Series X to PC gaming. I bought a very nice PC that runs flawlessly with windows 11 installed. I am only having one problem and that it connecting my...
  7. Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox series X lose WiFi connection capability when the console power shuts off?: Hello, I bought the series X last week and I have had constant issues with Xbox not connecting to the WiFi, after it was set up, when I start the system. Absolutely nothing changes. The system...
  8. Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does My Xbox series x continues to not connect to the internet?: When playing for some time once the console is turned off,and when you turn it on again to play the WiFi disconnects and will not connect whatever I do,I’ve had to completely reset the console in...
  9. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  10. Why does my network not work but it’s connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my network not work but it’s connected: Why does my network not work but it’s connected and it works to my phone 2fd779ed-70b7-48bd-a746-1c230e30e1a4