Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

Discus and support Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CrimsonGrimms, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to put your helmet on. The the other character opens the airlock as soon as the door opens the game freezes and crashes.

I have tried saving little by little to make it a little further but it just freezes right away.

I made sure it has the latest update.

I have reset the console

I have power cycle the console

I have unplugged it all day then plugged it back in the next day

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times

I have done the rest to factory settings on the console

I have made sure it is in a well ventilated area

I have deleted all saved games and restarted from the very beginning a lot of time

I have even turned the resolution down to the lowest settings

I have also played it offline

I have contacted Bethesda and they sent me a link that led me here

I have also done the report a problem a number of time on the Xbox

All of these fixes have not worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

:)

CrimsonGrimms, Sep 20, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello CrimsonGrimms,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing freezing and crashing issue with Starfield game. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We truly appreciate for trying some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue in your end. It seems that the issue you are describing is in-game specific issue and best address to the game developer support team. Reporting the problem through report a problem app in your console was just right so this can also be investigated by our engineers. We understand that this game is facing lots of issues during the first launch and game developer support team works hard to deploy new patches through updates. Stay updated with the new patches of the game coming from the game developer through this link below.

Additionally, make sure to submit a ticket to the game developer support team through this link: How do I submit a ticket on the Bethesda Support website? - Bethesda Support

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information and best resolution to your concern.

Sincerely,

3. Nore2nv Win User

innternet explor

Edge keeps crashing when watching videos , after ten minutes it will freeze and send me back to the home screen. I'm using an Xbox one s and I'm having these issues ? Why haven't this been addressed yet
  4. Wayne Stuck Win User

Why does Starfield keep crashing???

Ok, well I've had it with this POS game Starfield, 3rd day in a row that I've these sane issues. I was prompted to delete some saves to make room and when it re-synched, I **** lost EVERYTHING...ALL MY SAVES GONE!!! Now if I want to play, I have to start over and I was a lid level 40.

I'm done with Starfield and will NOT recommend it to friends and as far as reviews, I guess yoy can figure our what kind of reviews it will get. This saving to the cloud B.S. is what lost me my game.
  5. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Wayne Stuck

We have not heard anything from you in the last 72 hours. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that the issue you reported to us has been resolved. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you've dedicated to getting a resolution for this issue of yours.

Please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking on this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Cliff A. Win User

Hi Wayne Stuck

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

I do understand the urgency of you wanting to find other ways for this issue of yours in regards with Starfield keeps on crashing. We are very glad to help you out to find some of the best possible options we can find.

As we have isolated the issue that you are facing as well on your saved games on Starfield, and all of those data had been lost or perhaps gone. I do understand the importance of this for you since you have given efforts on this on playing and all of this had happened just recently.

We just want to set your proper expectations that Starfield had just been released on September of 2023. And as for overall, the game has good quality and as well as reviews in-game. As it turns out, newly released games do sometimes tend to have still some issues and errors since we are not specific on what is the main issue to the problem is but the game still needs to be tested or as well as showing on what are some issues that this game is still facing. Meaning, game developers are still working on this game and that is why appreciated posts from users is much acknowledged since it is a feedback on the game itself and we do not have the right resources here on our end and we are that limited as well in regards with in-game issues and problems.

For reference on the Starfield issues, you can refer on this article or page on Microsoft Community to familiarize the issue that you are facing : Game Release Known Issues for September 2023 - Microsoft Community

We hope that you would find what you are looking for and as well as we do truly understand how important that game was for you, as it turns out the game is ongoing but seems to be not yet stable and this is already undergoing investigation since you are not only he user who is experiencing this kind of issues in regards with playing Starfield and all other problems that goes with.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your issue. I hope all of this information's are helpful. We look forward on your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen? - Similar Threads - Why does Starfield

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does my Xbox say I'm in game chat when I'm in party chat: It all started today, I was gonna play L4D2 with my friends when I couldn't hear anyone, my pfp in the party was dark and I couldn't hear anybody. Can someone help please?...
  4. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  5. Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox profile have to suck now?: My avatar hasn't displayed on my profile for months. Xbox changed the way they store items you had in your activity feed as a money grab to get PC users to buy into their Office products,...
  6. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  7. why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...

in XboX Insiders
    why does my xbox gamepass subscription say its active even tho it expired a day ago and...: i tried to redeem a code but it said i have to eait til my gamepass expires submitted by /u/Willing-Gas-9895 [link] [comments]
  8. Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes

in XBoX on Windows
    Uhmm why does my downloads stop on GTA 5 at like 30 gigabytes: Every time I download gta 5 it says download has stopped d4fffb6b-187e-4fb2-a8c6-562ce7b7df53
  9. Why does Starfield keep crashing???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep crashing???: I've been playing for about a week now and I've NEVER had a game that keeps crashing like Starfield, I'm almost ready to delete it and forget it. I've deleted local saved games and re-synched it...
  10. Why does Starfield keep crashing on my series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep crashing on my series x?: It is extremely frustrating that the game crashes a lot. It can be on start up, an hour in to gaming, right after loading when opening a door, and so on. I have tried deleting my save files,...