Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

Discus and support Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dr. Krules, May 1, 2023.

1. Dr. Krules
    Dr. Krules Guest

Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely unplayable. Why does the xbox need to route the connection to Microsoft servers before returning to my PC? It makes no sense.

Why can't I stream directly to my PC? The XBox-One performed this function very well.

:)

Dr. Krules, May 1, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound traffic to Microsoft Cloud Gaming and back?

Remote play can be abused, for example people can, and have, used such things as an illicit rental service.

They're not sending the video to Xbox first, it simply maintaining a validation connection
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound traffic to Microsoft Cloud Gaming and back?

I am sorry that I cannot solve your problem, but as it is a recommendation, as a player I can only inform you why Microsoft uses the cloud for the process, unfortunately the company has no intention of changing this process so far.
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Remote Play from Xbox to Windows 10 requires outbound traffic to Microsoft Cloud Gaming and back for several reasons.

Firstly, the Xbox console uses Microsoft's servers to handle the video encoding and decoding process, which is necessary to ensure a high-quality streaming experience. This process requires significant computing resources, which may not be available on the local network. By leveraging Microsoft's cloud servers, the Xbox can offload this processing to ensure smooth and seamless streaming.

Secondly, using Microsoft's servers also helps to ensure a more stable and reliable connection. By routing the traffic through Microsoft's network, the Xbox can take advantage of the advanced networking infrastructure and optimization techniques that are in place to provide a better streaming experience.

However, it's worth noting that the quality of the streaming experience can also be affected by factors such as the quality of the local network connection, the performance of the PC, and the quality of the display. As a player I can only inform you how it works, unfortunately Microsoft has no plans to change the feature.
  5. Tomm_A Win User

X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

Hello HughBoyZilla,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue with remote play when iOS device is connected via 5G and Xbox Console is connected via home network. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What error are you getting when devices used for remote play is not connected on the same network? The internet connection should be:

• 7-10 Mbps
    • Connected to a 5 GHz Wi-Fi network (a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network will work but isn’t currently optimized)
    • Cellular network connectivity is also available.
    2. Have you tried another device to remote play your console like a Windows PC and even connected on different network remote play does not work?

To successfully remote play your Xbox console using iOS or Windows device or even Android, make sure to set up correctly the remote play settings requirements and make sure devices used for remote playing meet the requirement. For your reference, see: How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

To get help on how to troubleshoot remote play issues. refer to this link: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

6. ONEEYEDKILLAh Win User

how to play x box one games on my pc bought from x box

Like Smwutches has said, this is not a play anywhere title. However there is a process called Game streaming, which lets you play Xbox One games remotely from your Xbox One console on any Windows 10 PC on your home network. So If
    the xbox and pc (win 10 pc that is) are on the same network you can stream the game. It does suffer a bit of latency or delay , but the better the in home network the better the quality. Here is more info on what it is and how to do it https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming
Thema:

1. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound... - Similar Threads - Why does Remote

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  7. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  8. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  9. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  10. Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my suzuka 980 steering wheel shut down my remote every time it connects: Every time I hook up my suzuka steering wheel 98 it shuts my remote down and it says my controller came disconnected what do I do 6343fcbb-3c2f-4493-a597-8d5c086fe4bf