Why does PC game pass not work?

Discus and support Why does PC game pass not work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have rebuilt my machine twice now - brand new, no drivers, all windows updates and windows store updates - and it gets a "something went wrong" or is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChrisHughes3, May 9, 2023.

1. ChrisHughes3
    ChrisHughes3 Guest

I have rebuilt my machine twice now - brand new, no drivers, all windows updates and windows store updates - and it gets a "something went wrong" or is stuck on 0 percent 0 bytes - I am yet to test on this build, but once something downloads (takes days for no reason, I have super fast internet) I hit launch, and the game takes 20 minutes to open up the "checking for updates" splash screen - then another 10 minutes to launch the game - which then fails.

I have tried all of the listed fixes around the internet, this should defintely work on a fresh build - I am on AMD - is this the issue?

:)

ChrisHughes3, May 9, 2023
  2. ChrisHughes3 Win User

Hey mate thanks for the reply - yeah machine is brand new - 4090 gaming beast - lots of ram, latest processor etc.
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hi ChrisHughes3,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that games pass did not work on your PC. As per description, you have rebuilt the device twice already.

May we ask if you have checked the required technical specs for game pass apps? Also you made mentioned that the device has no drivers, this could be one of the reasons.

What we can suggest here is for you to check the basic minimum specs for a machine to run game apps.

Most games in the Xbox Game Pass for PC library will require a PC that meets the minimum system requirements listed below:

Operating system: Windows 10 or newer

Processor: 1.5 GHz or faster

Memory: 4 GB of RAM

Graphics: DirectX 11 or newer with WDDM 1.0 driver

For you guide we want to share to you this article and check all that fit your needs. App package requirements - Windows apps | Microsoft Learn.

[​IMG]

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi ChrisHughes3,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

gamepass for minecraft bedrock on pc

If you purchased Game Pass Ultimate, then yes, it works both on PC and console. Game Pass does not. You have the console Game Pass and PC Game Pass.
  6. UndyingMuderGod Win User

Xbox Gamepass Ultimate

If i put my Gamepass ultimate on my xbox 1s will the games i download on my xbox come on my pc to or does it only work for one console or pc?
    I had a code for game pass why am ii beingg charged
Thema:

1. Why does PC game pass not work? - Similar Threads - Why does game

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  4. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  5. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  6. Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the cloud gaming website no longer recognize my controller as connected?: Attempting to play Xbox cloud gaming on chrome, due to it crashing every time I attempt it on the xbox app. It no longer recognizes that my controller is connected and won’t allow me to use it...
  7. Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller not select apps or options but in games the controller works...: Why does my controller not select apps or options even though I see it responding but in games the controller works perfectly fine? It also keeps sticking to the top of the screen even though I...
  8. Why does my screen do this when I launch a game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my screen do this when I launch a game: Why does my screen turn green when I launch a game c040928f-6bc4-450d-8b7d-3f7da54b9669
  9. Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox one overheat when I load up on games but apps don’t thermal throttle: I had this Xbox one for almost 9 years I cleaned the console and the thermal paste a 6 months ago and it never did this every time I loaded up Fortnite or Any other game the fans go at full speed...
  10. Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox Series X keep crashing when trying to run online multi-player games?: When running certain games over the past year (MW3, Forza Horizon, MLB the Show), my Xbox keep closing the game application and return me to the home screen. Most times, this causes me to lose the...