why does opening microsoft store stop bits

Discus and support why does opening microsoft store stop bits in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Opening windows store to play club vegas and cash billionaire causes background intelligence transfer service to stop and causes disk usage to go to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Brian Greenlaw, Nov 16, 2022.

1. why does opening microsoft store stop bits

Opening windows store to play club vegas and cash billionaire causes background intelligence transfer service to stop and causes disk usage to go to 100% which prevents the game from starting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Brian Greenlaw, Nov 16, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox game pass error 0x80070424

The Microsoft store does not open at all?
  3. CarTzy Win User

Microsoft STORE Crashes on open Or does not open at All.

Hello Udder Discharge,

I understand that you are having trouble with the Xbox store not opening or crashing, and that you have tried several troubleshooting steps without success. I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may cause.

You have explained that you already performed a factory reset while keeping your apps and games, but it still continues to have the same issue. My last resort for this would be to factory reset and remove everything, if this is the case. I would be referring you to the live support team for them to further investigate what is going on with your device. They have the right tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Follow the guide below to contact our live support:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. Mark Sherwood Win User

disk drive

Hey there :)

Can you add a little bit more information please? Such as, what does the console tell you about the disk when it stops spinning. Does it say "open tray"?

Many thanks,

Cloud
  5. freerunninglou9 Win User

Will it continue to launch for the Xbox One after the Series X?

It normally does for a little bit first few games tend to be on both old and new gen so cant see why they will stop that now
  6. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Games installing but not?

First, try signing out of the Microsoft Store. Click your Profile picture at the top right, click your account then sign out.

Restart your computer, launch the Microsoft Store app, sign in again, then attempt downloading again.

Other things you can try...

Start by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down to the bottom

Click Windows Store Apps

Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete try opening the Store again.

Also check if the Store works in another user account.

Press Windows key + R

Type: wsreset.exe

Hit Enter

Do this a couple times then try launching the Store again.

Your Antivirus might be interfering with the Store, try disabling it 'temporarily' to see if it launches.

Check Windows Update and install the latest updates. Sometimes Microsoft releases infrastructure fixes for the Store through Windows Update.

You can also try resetting the store app using the following instructions:

Reinstall the Store:

Press Windows key + X

Click Windows PowerShell (Admin)

At the command prompt, type the following then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

If that does not work, try resetting the software distribution folder:

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive.
    Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + A.

1. Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

taskkill /F /FI "SERVICES eq wuauserv" (do this multiple times)

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

If that does not work...

1. Open Start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

Run these codes:

Net Stop bits

Net Stop wuauserv

Net Stop appidsvc

Net Stop cryptsvc

Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak

Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

Net Start bits

Net Start wuauserv

Net Start appidsvc

Net Start cryptsvc

After running these commands, check if your issue is fixed.
Thema:

why does opening microsoft store stop bits

1. why does opening microsoft store stop bits - Similar Threads - why does opening

2. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  3. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  4. Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft open up with a black screen?: I open up Minecraft and its full screened while black, I think a way to fix this is resetting video settings but I dont know how to do that when I cant see anything (I doubt this has to do with...
  5. Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button...: Why does my Xbox freeze in one spot and not let me open the menu if I press the menu button my screen just darkens a little and it also freezes a lot Also I forgot to say when I turn it of it’s...
  6. Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the mic audio only work when the Xbox game bar is actively open?: The mic audio works perfectly fine when I have the Xbox game bar open but, when it Is closed the mic isn'tbeing picked up. 36e51d7b-e67b-4d51-b4d0-37ad18b71460
  7. Why does my pc crash everytime I open The Crew 2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my pc crash everytime I open The Crew 2?: Every time I launch my game The Crew 2 My PC crashes. My drivers are updated, and my PC has an Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, 16 GB of ram, and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070. I believe it isn't game and is the...
  8. Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Forza Horizon 4 keep getting stuck when i open the pause menu on Xbox Series X?: I recently got a physical copy of FH4 on my Xbox Series X. Keep in mind I live in Lebanon, the internet is not too good and I usually just install physical copies and play the games offline...
  9. Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I open my settings even after hard resetting multiple times and why does my Xbox...: When I turn my Xbox on most times it just stays on the green loading screen for hours and when it does work it freezes within 10 minutes of just in the menu I can’t even play a single game for up...
  10. Why does my Xbox app keep crashing after I open it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox app keep crashing after I open it.: I have tried re-installing it and repairing the app through settings. I have also tried to delete the Xbox app and reinstalling it through the PowerShell as an admin....