Why does only the home button work?

Discus and support Why does only the home button work? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I’ve reset and updated my controller but only the home button and joysticks work. It’s connected and it has a fully charged battery. The USB cord... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Fros7yBitez, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Fros7yBitez
    Fros7yBitez Guest

I’ve reset and updated my controller but only the home button and joysticks work. It’s connected and it has a fully charged battery. The USB cord doesn’t help either. It will randomly disconnect or start moving the cursor back and forth without touching it. I just got this controller 2 weeks ago and nothing is working ?

:)

Fros7yBitez, Aug 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Froz7ybitez

Is this happening on Xbox, right?
    If that's the case. May I know if you tried using the controller with a different device?
    For example pair it with your phone or connect it to a Windows PC and see if the issue persists from there.

This helps us to isolate the issue a bit more
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Only home button working

Hello, AdoredKhan47786. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Since this is happening with all your controllers, it is probably a console issue. Please try to perform a power cycle on your console. Also, please turn off the controller and turn it on only after the power reset:

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.
    2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.
    ​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

If the issue persists after the power reset, please perform a factory reset on your console:

Press the Xbox button > Settings > System > Console info > Reset this xbox > Reset and keep my games and apps. The "Reset and keep my games and apps" option will not make you lose your games, but you will need to sign in to your account again.

Feel free to ask back any questions and please let me know how it goes.
  4. Mister Quimby Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear about the controller issues! If you are experiencing an unresponsive controller after the February update, please go ahead and check out this thread here.
    Be sure to give the troubleshooting steps that I have suggested a try and make a post with the requested information in the thread. If you are experiencing a different issue, please go ahead and create a new thread. This way you can receive support specifically
    tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  5. FabPort Win User

Hi.

My Console Xbox One

Version OS: 6.2.12128.0 (xb_rel_1502.150202-2200)

My Control wireless xbox one

Version firmware: 1.2.2236.0

all updated correctly.

Even so, I have the same problem as other members of the xbox one console.

We only ask due attention to the case and respect for their customers.

Speaks on behalf of all users, which we look forward and frustrated by the size of this disorder.

In my view only just developers launch a new update to fix this error. And everything returns to normal.

Thank attention.
  6. FabPort Win User

Good day! I have the same problem.

After the month update 02/2015. My control is the same problem reported by other members of this topic.

After the control of the update, it stopped working commands via wireless. only the center button works (X).

The same is connected via the USB cable to one xbox console, works perfectly!

I've contacted support via chat of micrsoft, to where did all the required procedures and the same did not return to work (for a little over 1 hour in the chat). Today the day 02/10/2015 9:08 am, I made contact support via phone 0800 8919 835. Prococolo

After I listen to my problem, the attendant told me to consult the product warranty (Control xbox wireless one) it is out of warranty. But the problem presented in the product originated from an update provided by Microsoft manufacturer. I hope anxious for
    a Microsoft solution. At the moment I am very frustrated because everything was correct to make the product update procedure, which offered the same improvements! In the final process got disorder in control communication with the xbox one console.

Based on the accounts of other users, ask the responsible due attention to the case.

From already thank you for your attention.

att.

PortoGunX
Thema:

1. Why does only the home button work? - Similar Threads - Why does home

2. Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does black ops three automatically set my nat type to strict?: I am trying to play some black ops three zombies with my friends but I cannot join them because bo3 says my nat type is strict. But when I go to my Xbox's network settings it says open and all...
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  5. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  6. Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does pressing the Xbox home button switch TV input?: So I am having issues with my Xbox Series X and it switching from the HDMI 4 input to HDMI 3 input whenever I press the Xbox home button. I have the Sony A95K, which is connected to a Denon...
  7. Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Xbox remove my home Xbox from my account?: Okay so I don't know why this keeps happening but why my home Xbox stops sharing after my game pass ends? I was game sharing with my girlfriend and we both have separate Xbox's and every time I...
  8. Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Starfield keep freezing and crashing to Home Screen?: Since day one I downloaded this game to my Xbox series X, it has been crashing in the same spot. Right after you make your character you head over to the airlock where the tutorial tells you to...
  9. Why does my status show only ‘Home’?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my status show only ‘Home’?: I’ve noticed on my account that when I’m on Twitch, or YouTube, it doesn’t show my status online. It just shows I’m on Xbox Home. Friends have messaged me and asked why I’m just sitting on my...
  10. Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the May 2023 dashboard update limit me to pinning TWO groups to the home page?: I have had several groups on the home page for as long as we've had groups. Just got the update, and it appears to limit me to no more than two groups. This is bad. Nay, it is evil. You put up a...