Why does Netflix require passcode just to load the app now??

Discus and support Why does Netflix require passcode just to load the app now?? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, so all of a sudden the Netflix app has become an issue. It now makes me use the family passcode just to load the app. it used to load the app,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by skier150, Jul 27, 2014.

1. skier150
    skier150 Guest

Ok, so all of a sudden the Netflix app has become an issue. It now makes me use the family passcode just to load the app. it used to load the app, and then require a passcode when a user was trying to watch something outside of their parameters. I have
    tried Xbox chat support several times with no luck, and I have also tried Netflix chat support with no luck. They are both basically pointing the finger at the other entity. This is a complete pain, and should not be so hard to change. Oh yeah, I found
    an exclusion list in the family settings, but alas there is no way to add anything to it!

I have delete the app, cleared the cache 3 times, rebooted, and re-loaded the app... still the same results.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

skier150, Jul 27, 2014
  2. How to lock down Netflix at rating level rather than the App itself

Anyone know how to allow my kids to get into the Netflix app without a passcode, but apply the parental controls by ratings instead? Right now the Netflix App requires a passcode, but once you're in you can get to everything!

Thanks.

DwiteFartShrute, Jul 27, 2014
  3. Parental Controls Question - How to block certain apps

Greeting gents!

I am attempting to setup parental controls on my Xbox One. The app restriction levels are somewhat okay, but I would like the ability to choose which apps require a passcode.

For example, once logged in, I would like unrestricted access to netflix and plex, but require a passcode for youtube.

Is there anyway to choose specifically which apps require a passcode?

Thanks for your time!

TheMillerWithin, Jul 27, 2014
  4. TomS_15 Win User

Parental settings and Netflix

I tried to setup the parental control on the Netflix account but I am still required to enter the passcode on Xbox so my kids can't watch Netflix content of any kind unless I enter the passcode or give the passcode. Netflix support suggested that I remove
    parental control on Xbox which I think is unacceptable.
  5. Jeffrey Bernt Win User

Netflix Update on XBOX ONE

He's right, the Netflix app now is a horrible experience on Xbox One. I don't have kids, why should I be prompted every single time I load the app? I just want to get to my shows.
  6. TimTickles2 Win User

2013.3 Broke Family Settings

Yes he got it because MS in their greed force you to buy gold to use netflix app. I've already been through this nightmare with them but lost that battle a few years ago.

Well now you can't even use the netflix app without a parental account passcode Actually in my case I can't use the netflix app at all, even with the passcode. I am stuck on the 'please upgrade to gold' screen when I already have gold:

img4.imageshack.us/.../p1dz.jpg
  7. TimTickles2 Win User

Can't Access Netflix Without Entering Family Passcode Since New Update

For everyone who is encountering this problem, I have an update.

My first problem was with the netflix app. Even after putting in the passcode, the netflix app was stuck on the 'sign up for gold' screen, even though I had a gold membership. Netflix recently released an update to fix this problem, so if you haven't tried
    updating the netflix app recently, go try it.

The second is the passcode problem. To fix this you need to go into the 'Ratings and Content' sub-menu of the content controls. In there you can set the maximum allowed rating for things like movies and music. For movies and video, change the setting
    to 'unrestricted'. I had mine set to PG and when I changed it to unrestricted, the netflix app started without the passcode.

So how do you make sure your kids are only watching PG content in Netflix? Well for that I have a second netflix account for my son, and in the settings for that account, it is set to PG. Of course, this is the account I have hooked up to the xbox.

For some reason, even though the Netflix account is set to PG, the xbox does not recognize this and blocks out the whole app unless you have movies and video set to unrestricted.

One problem this causes is that it is now possible to get to non-PG movies from the xbox marketplace. I haven't figured out how to solve that yet... I'm going to try unlinking my credit card from the account so you can't buy any movies anyways.
  8. Krazy K 80 Win User

Netflix

It only does it on netflix. I've loaded up games and other apps i.e. amazon video with no issues.
Thema:

1. Why does Netflix require passcode just to load the app now?? - Similar Threads - Why does Netflix

2. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  3. Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does my Xbox series x keeps on saying installation stopped when I'm installing doom...: I got Doom Eternal from Gamestop, and it keeps saying the installation stopped for the past three days. I have tried clearing local saved games but that did not work, I tried restarting,...
  4. Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does sound only come from one external speaker when using the optical output?: I have a pair of speakers plugged into my Xbox One S using the optical port and sound only comes out one side. I’ve already verified that both speakers do work. I’ve tried changing a few settings...
  5. Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep revving and why wont my game install: I bought Black Ops III and it’s been installing but it stopped at 93.8% and it said the disk may have been damaged or it is dirty. I cleaned it and put it back in to try again but when i put it in...
  6. Why does my series x do this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my series x do this: since i got my series x whenever i turn it on and on the home screen it says connect to the xbox network after 10 to 30 seconds it connects by itself. Is this normal?...
  7. Why does xbox like shafting people

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does xbox like shafting people: I get home from a long days work and i turn on my console to see an update for the game i play. It installs then gets stuck at 1.2% finishing things up. I wait about 20 minutes for nothing to...
  8. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  9. Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000, Black work on my personal desktop but not work on...: I work remote. My team can hear me on Zoom or Skype on my personal desktop. But in Citrix and the cati or whatever that software is that we use to do surveys, one or both of these aren't working...
  10. Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does netflix go black but subtitles and captions are still seeable?: I have an Xbox one s digital edition, whenever I go to Netflix I get about 10 to 15 seconds of video and then nothing, words and subtitles are still appearing but no picture can someone help?...