Why does my XSX disconnect from Wifi (and crash to Home) when watching captures?

Discus and support Why does my XSX disconnect from Wifi (and crash to Home) when watching captures? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I record a fair amount of 45 secongd to 1 minute long game captures while playing games such as Rocket League or Apex Legends. While viewing my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RoboSoccer66, Sep 1, 2022.

1. RoboSoccer66
    RoboSoccer66 Guest

Why does my XSX disconnect from Wifi (and crash to Home) when watching captures?

I record a fair amount of 45 secongd to 1 minute long game captures while playing games such as Rocket League or Apex Legends. While viewing my captures, at some point my Xbox Series X will inevitably crash to Home and temporarily disconnect from wifi (or Xbox Live services, I'm not sure which). This happens whether I am: looking at the thumbnails of my captures in gallery view, trimming a captured video, or simply watching captured videos.

There does not seem to be any correlation bewteen these occurences, and it happens whether I'm viewing locally stored captures or captures stored on Xbox Live.

If it makes a difference: I sent my XSX in to have it repaired earlier this year, because it was consistently hard crashing while playing some games. This issue was fixed.

:)

RoboSoccer66, Sep 1, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi RoboSoccer66! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Have you tried to used wired just to test if the issue is the network or the WiFi card on the Xbox?

Also if possible, try connecting the console trough a mobile hotspot created with a mobile phone so you can check if the issue repeat

Another thing you could try is this

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. VoicedMarrow763 Win User

Minecraft Apple TV Edition freezes or crashes on startup screens (Apple TV 4K)

So for now, I know Minecraft works with the WIFI of my iPhone, but I do not know why it does not work on my home WiFi.
    Same thing for me : Minecraft works with wifi on iPhone, not via home wifi. I can't find why!
  4. BenjaminLiu6 Win User

xbox series x controller disconnecting pc

I got 2 of the xsx controllers.. they used to disconnect randomly on the xsx.. but it seems like its fixed now. on win10 some games are basically unplayable.. randomly flashes and disconnects.. the older xbox one controllers have no problems at all. does microsoft know of this problem.. it should be pretty widespread.
  5. JAS491989SILVA Win User

xbx1s

also the wifi does not disconnect when playing multiplayer
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

why am I disconnecting from a game when watching recent captures?

Hey Matt!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If I may ask, does the disconnection error occurs to other games while watching recent captures or does the error occurs specifically for the game Star Trek Online?

Also, is this the first time this error has occurred?

In order to fix this, you will need to perform a series of troubleshooting steps. Please remove your Microsoft account from your console > restart your console > re-add your Microsoft account > then check to see if it works here's how to remove your account:

1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

2.Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Remove accounts.

3. Select the account that you want to remove, and then select Remove to confirm.

> Then restart your console and proceed with re-adding your account. You've got nothing to worry as this will not delete your saved data progress.

Once you're done, check if the issue still persists.

Reference link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

1. Why does my XSX disconnect from Wifi (and crash to Home) when watching captures? - Similar Threads - Why does XSX

2. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  3. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One say "UPnP Not Successful" if the wifi is fine?: Ever since I got a new wifi router my Xbox One always says "UPnP not successful" even though the wifi and all other devices using it are perfectly fine. I tried multiple things: Hard resetting the...
  6. Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox game chat work but no game audio or sounds: I just got the Astro A10 headset and have tried every way I could possibly find and think of. I just then managed to get the mic to work when spoken into and can hear other people in the Xbox...
  7. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  8. Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBOX hdmi work on my laptop but not my TV?: I've tried 2 different HDMI cords AND 2 different TVS. Neither of them are showing signal for HDMI 1 or 2. It was working just fine yesterday morning and then it just stopped working out of...
  9. Why does my Xbox only work on one telly?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox only work on one telly?: Same cable same Xbox different screens my partners Xbox one S telly freaking and glitching out so we tried the basic stuff. Unplugged and held the power button even changed the hdmi cable and...
  10. why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep saying installation stopped?: i’ve been trying to install fortnite for the past few days looking up all sorts of ways to fix the problem but nothing seems to work. ive tried probably every method that i could find on youtube...